Chapter 11

The weekend was fun with Syl and Carol. We ended up going out for dinner later that evening. His father couldn't join us because he was out of town. I couldn't wait to meet him. I didn't tell Syl about the conversation with his mom and I after he left us outside together alone. I wanted him to tell me out of his own mouth that he loved me. Although I wasn't sure what exactly my reaction would be, I know it would really touch me.

I wanted to move forward with my life and I saw Syl in it. But something was holding me back.

It was the fact that he was my CEO.

Although technically I was with him, it felt like I wasn't allowed to. And I knew he could tell how I felt about it. Although he took me to secluded spots for dates or to just hang out at his or my place, I felt like he still wasn't mine. I wanted to be with Syl but I knew if we made it official, it would no longer be a secret. And if we made this relationship be known to the world, it would be chaos in my department and New York.

And possibly worldwide.

And Aria Rivers could not handle that.

Wednesday morning, I woke up in my bed beside a still-sleeping Sylvester. I got up and quickly got ready for work. When I got out of the bathroom after applying makeup, he was awake.

"Morning babe," I said, kissing his forehead.

"Morning beautiful," he smiled.

"Want some coffee?" I asked, putting my heels on.

"No thanks. Can't you just stay home today?" he begged, grabbing my arm.

"Alright fine. I'll email Charles and tell her I'm coming down with something," I replied kicking my heels off.

After I sent the email, I slipped out of my clothes and got into bed beside him.

"What are we gonna do today?" I asked, cuddling him.

"Hmm.. I don't know. What do you want to do?"

"Uhh. Let's go out for breakfast and we'll see from there."

I slipped on a pair of skinny jeans, blue wedges and a white shirt. He jumped into his ripped denim jeans, yellow shirt and Kenneth Cole loafers.

We got outside and headed to the cars, I took the car keys from him.

"No, let me drive," he said, taking the keys.

"Hahaa, can you?" I giggled.

"Whatever," he laughed sticking his middle fingers up.

We went to Norma's for breakfast. Syl ordered pancakes, bacons and OJ for us. He held my hand the entire time and kissed me while we waited for our order. I was surprised by his PDA and got a little shy with everyone watching but he didn't care. After breakfast at Norma's, Syl decided to take me to the mall.

We got stuck in traffic on our way so we chilled and listened to music for a while. Syl knew almost every hip hop song on the radio. It was cool but he looked so odd I had to laugh. Especially when he attempted to sing a Lil Wayne song.

I died. Epic fail.

"How do you know these songs?" I laughed, tears coming from my eyes.

"When I was in high school, my mom hired this young driver who loved Hip Hop and Rap music. He was playing it in the car one day and I fell in love and started to listen it on my own," he said.

Just then Drake's 'Own It' started playing. We started singing and rapping together, taking turns at verses.

Weird but fun.