Chapter 4

*Carter'sPOV*

I was smiling like a fool on my way home. I know she's not going to forgive me so easily but I atleast got her to spend the next year of her life by me,and hopefully in that time,I can tell her the truth,and get her to trust me...maybe even get her to fall in...

What no shut up she'll never like me like that.

My inner voice spoke up before I could finish that train of thought. I mean it wasn't wrong,I'm just the ex-bestfriend who lied to her.

I flopped on my bed,and called Murphy.

"Hey Sarg." "What do you want Carter?" He snarled through the phone.

Shit I think I woke him up.

I grinned.

Oh well, "You know that case I have to go on,with the fake wife and all that bullshit?" I asked.

"Did you finally find someone to take with you, you fucking indecisive prick?" I rolled my eyes,"Yes... but I'm gonna need you to train her for the next four weeks."

"What do you mean train her... Jessie Carter what have you done!" He yelled,but I could tell he wasn't that mad at me... hopefully.

"It's Pheniox and she'll be in on Monday so you can train her. Thank you. Bye" I rushed out. "But Car..." I hung up.

He'll be furious but I know he'll do it. I yawned and fluffed my pillows, I can't wait for Monday I thought as I passed out.
       ..........,.......................................

*Pheniox'sPOV*

When Carter left I didn't know how to feel,if I should be mad,happy,sad,worried. So I decided to feel it all,well not decided but you get it.

On one hand I was glad he was back,but at the same time I was also furious with him for playing dead for so long when he could have told me,and why the hell couldn't anyone else tell me when they found out.

I hated being kept in the dark it was so fucking frustrating.

Ugh.

Then the whole one year mission crap came to mind. What the hell was I supposed to do?

I mean I'd love to leave and start over,and I know that my friends can't see past the façade but that was the point wasn't it? And don't get my started on Trey,I mean I can't deny that I love him,and I'm pretty sure he loved me once upon a time,but we fizzled out,and to get out of this relationship so I can go prance around god knows where,how would I tell him.

I don't wanna hurt his feelings,even if he's been off with me,he's been there for me, without him even knowing, through these years after the whole ally incident and I'll forever be grateful but...I don't know,this is alot.

What about my friends,how was I going to tell them I wasn't leaving for a year,and who the fuck was gonna take care of my bar.

I groaned as I put my head in my hands, this is all so confusing.

The door jingled and Trey came stumbling in. I sighed and looked at my phone *00:45* damn,I had been spacing out for long.

"Heyyyyy baaaabeee." He drawled and stumbled drunkedly towards me.

I stood up and put my arms around me,"Why am I always carting you to bed? Why do you always have to get drunk these days?" I asked rhetorically,but to my surprise he answered, despite his slurring.

"I'm sorry babe that you have to deal with this shit...and I'm sorry I'm a shitty boyfriend,but lately you've been so unhappy and I didn't know how to deal with it,so I started going out more,I know it's a shitty excuse and I'll try be better but,this whole job has also been stressing me out,and I feel like everything is crumbling and I don't wanna loose you but I feel like I am and I don't know how to deal with it."

By the time he was done he was sitting on the bed and I was kneeling infront of him while he cupped my face.

I felt so terrible,here I was blaming him,when I  was the one who got distant first.

I sighed.

"I'm sorry sweetheart,but I've always been like this and I'm sorry it's become more obvious,but we can talk when you're sober ...if you even remember this."

He nodded and his eyes were droopy so I got him ready for bed,and by the time I tucked him in,he was passed out and I just stood there staring at him.

I felt so conflicted,on one hand I loved him but I don't think I was inlove with him anymore,there was no spark,but when Carter came back,even if it was just a few minutes,he made me feel things I haven't felt in years,even before Trey.

I sighed and got ready for bed,I'm fucked up.

When I got back in the bed I couldn't help think about Monday and the training,I was partly excited and partly scared,I didn't know how it would go,but I knew I would see Carter and that put a smile on my face.

Just before I fell asleep tho,for the first time in almost 6 months,Trey pulled me closer to his chest and at first I was shocked but then I relaxed.

This was getting complicated ever since Carter came back,yet it hasn't even been 24 hours and that's what scares me the most.

Hey guys I know I haven't updated in almost 11 months,but I have been super busy with school and I haven't had the time to write,but I'm back and hopefully now that I have more free time I'll be able to update on a regular basis 😊😎

  Ps: I also kinda had writers block and only now did my inspiration come back,but shhh don't tell anyone 😂😉