Chapter 3

*Pheonix POV*

After bawling my eyes out in the bathroom,I decided to go lie on the couch and watch TV.

When I was halfway through Prison break the re-run,season 1,Trey stormed out the bedroom. "I'm going out. Don't wait up." Was his reply before he rushed out.

Well I would say that was wierd and all,but it's been happening alot these past few months. I guess he's been busy with his mates.

*Knock-Knock*

"Who's there?" I call as I get to the door. "It's me,Jessie."

I froze.

"I told you to stay away Carter!" I shout back. "I need to explain...Please Phee,let me in." He replies,but there's so much sadness in his tone,I sympathize.

I mean,just because he left doesn't mean I should hold it against him. Right?

I open the door,lean against it and fold my arms. "What?" I ask,rather harshly. "Can I,you know,come in?" He asks while scratching the back of his head. I step aside. "Thank you." He mumbles,as he walks in and sits on the couch. I close the door and turn around to face him. "So...where's my explanation?" I ask and tap my foot impatiently.

"You might wanna sit down then." He suggests. So I sit,and raise my eyebrows expectantly. He clears his throat. " Okay...so you know that day when I came home to see you but you never showed?" He asked. I shivered,yeah I remember that was the day they....I shook my head .

"Yeah." I said. He nodded," That day they told me to fake my death,I was gonna tell you but you never showed,so I had to go through with the plan,and nobody told you because nobody new it was fake." He pulled his hair. "My death was not supposed to hurt you as much as it did,we were never supposed to be friends,you know I don't do friends. I thought you would just move on like everyone else....but I just don't know what happened."

I clenched my teeth. "You fucking prick!! Of course your 'death' hurt me! You were my best friend,yes you're an asshole but you're my asshole,how could you think I wouldn't care about losing you!? Huh?" I yelled at him.

" Look I'm sorry,it wasn't my choice,and the reason I didn't come find you when I came out of hiding was because you looked happy,I didn't want to disrupt that you know?" He said pleading with me to understand.

I rolled my eyes and put my head in my hand," The one time you try to care,you do it at the wrong time, you're such an ass you know that? Why don't you just go back to not caring,well half caring?" He laughed and hugged me," I'm sorry." He mumbled into my hair,"I'm sorry too." I said into his neck.

We sat like that for ages before he spoke.

"So I kinda need to ask you a favour.." I sat up,"Go on." I urged,not really liking the sound of this already.

He scratched the back of his head.
"I'm so I kinda need to go on this undercover mission,and I need someone to pose as my wife." I rolled my eyes,"That's what you have female detectives for genius." I said.

"Yeah,but I'm not really comfortable with them,and we could use this time to make up for lost times you know? Like those times you'd go on a stake out with me? Please?" He pleaded.

I sighed.

" How long?"  I finally asked after what seemed like 10 minutes.

"Um..."

He stalled. "Carter,how long?" I pushed. " It could take a year, minimum." He rushed out.

"WHAT!" I stood up from the couch and started packing back and forth.

"Are you fucking serious? You expect me to give up a year of my life to play house? I've got a job Carter,a boyfriend, friends,a life...I just can't just fucking pack up and leave!" I pulled at my hair.

"Hey.." he said standing up and grabbing my arms,"I know it's alot to ask,but lets be honest,I've watched you these past 2 years, you don't look happy,not truly happy,I haven't seen you laugh or smile in so long,this could be your big break,a time to let go of whatevers holding you back,it could be a chance to start new... Please Phee." He begged.

I looked up into those bright grey eyes and considered my options.

I could go with him,be on the lookout 24/7, potentially hurt a few people,get to know Carter again,have fun,learn something new ,or stay here stuck with my demons, friends who can't see through my facadé,a boyfriend who doesn't really love me,and a job I hate. It seems pretty simple to me.

I sighed,"Okay,I'll do it." I said. He grinned and wrapped me in a bear hug. "Thank you."

And for the first time in a long time,I new what it was like to be happy.

When he pulled away,the terms and conditions started. " Okay,since you aren't an actual detective, you'll be going into training for the next 4-5 weeks which can hopefully help you out,we'll teach you the basics,but it's gonna be long,we are gonna cram 3 years of training into 4 weeks ,are you gonna be able to do it?" He asked.

I opened my mouth to respond but he cut me off,"Who am I kidding,of course you'll be able to do it besides it'll give you time to find someone to manage your bar, oh and another thing, Murphy will be training you." He grinned.

The blood rushed out my face, "What!?" I shouted.

"Yeah, unfortunately I couldn't do it because I'm very busy and it'll be a conflict of interest if I train you,I'd let you off too easy." I glared at him, "I'll show you conflict of interest! He's gonna kill me Carter,he's ruthless."

He grinned and started towards the door. "I know,and I'll send you the detail via email." He winked."Jessie Carter,get back here..." I started after him.

"Laters baby." He said before slamming the door in my face.

I didn't bother going after him knowing he was too damn stubborn to tell me anything else.

Bloody asshole.

I went to my room and fell on the bed. This is gonna be a long ass 4 weeks.

...........................................................

Finally another chapter done,please vote and comment ♥😘