Chapter 1: Fresh Start

*SOME SPOILERS IN AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  I'm trying a different way of writing because I think it might be easier for all of you to read the dialogue and the paragraphs. Just let me know in the comments if this way of writing is any easier or harder. All I want is to make everyone happy.

I hope all of you X-Files fans enjoy this fanfction. I'm especially excited for the third episode of the 11th season ("Plus One") because it's a doppelgänger/parallel universe episode (not entirely sure which, could be both or just one of the two). However I am not in the least bit happy about the whole Mulder-Cigarette-Smoking-Man-Scully situation. Things are already complicated with the Cigarette Smoking Man being Mulder's biological father, and then we found out that there's another relation. Things are more complicated than I anticipated. To put it simply: don't get your hopes up for Mulder and Scully...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dana's POV

  I was walking along the beach with someone. As a subtle summer breeze blew past us, my hair fiery red hair almost matched the color of the sky as it flew in front of my face. The person I was with tucked my hair behind my ear. I smiled up at them, and they smiled back. The setting sun's glowing rays hit our faces. We both turned our heads and watched as the crashing waves hit the soft brown sand. I looked up at the person I was with, and they looked down at me. Our heads began to come closer and closer together. Our foreheads touched. Then I opened my eyes. The person I was with looked into my eyes then glanced down at my lips. Our lips were mere inches apart.

  Thump! My small body hit my carpet floor with a loud thump. I groaned as I blew my short, red hair from my face. I laid on the floor for a minute then I heard a knock in my door. "Come in." I said my voice still hoarse from sleep.

  I heard the door open, and I looked up from my carpeted floor and saw my little sister Melissa (or Missy for short) standing in my room. She looked at me with a slightly confused look on her face. "I was wondering if I could borrow one of your flannels today?" Missy asked.

  Missy was only a couple years younger than I was, and she was already four inches taller than me. And that just wasn't fair. I didn't always mind that she was wanted to borrow my cloths all the time. Being the 5'2" person I am, basically the only thing Missy and I could share were shirts because we both had small, short torsos. "Knock yourself out." I said gesturing toward my closet.

  Missy sifted through my closet until she found a flannel she wanted. "Don't forget to give it back to me this time." I warned still laying on the floor.

  "I won't." Missy said walking out the door.

  "That's unlikely." I mumbled.

  "What was that?" missy asked turning around.

  "Nothing. I need the bathroom by the way."

  "Ok."

  Missy left and I went into the bathroom to shower. I slowly took off my comfortable pajamas and stepped into the shower. Ten minutes later I was out of the shower. I wrapped a towel around my small frame and walked back to my bedroom. I looked at the clock in my wall. 6:20. "Plenty of time." I said to myself.

  I walked towards my closet to pick out an outfit for the day. I finally decided on a tight, black band tank top and a pair of black, high-waisted, ripped, jeans in an effort to make my short legs look longer. Then I grabbed a black and blood red flannel and tied it around my waist. I grabbed the first socks I found and put them on. One sock was pastel blue and had a bunch of little French fries on it. The other was off white and had sparkly cotton candy on it. Then I grabbed my black high top converse and lazily put them on, not bothering to tie them.