Chapter 34

It was a couple months later that I realized how difficult being a wolf was.

All your heightened emotions make it harder to let go, harder to deal with the people you've lost.

My dad wouldn't have wanted this, for me to be this way; dead inside. But I just couldn't budge, no matter how hard Ethan pulled on me after the funeral was over.

He'd been killed by a hit and run. A case the police had been working on for months, but every time he killed someone they'd lose him again.

I was so angry, so mentally confused but somehow I managed to look away. To gaze into Ethan's tear stained eyes. He hated seeing me this way, seeing as he'd been through it many times before, but something was different.

Ethan pulled a small smile upon his face, a smile that warmed me inside and then he took my hand. Leading me out of the graveyard and over to my mothers car. He'd told me he'd meet me in an hour, to spend time with my mother, but she wouldn't talk. She wouldn't talk, eat, or even cry.

It hurt me just looking at her, but as time went by and days got longer. I'd managed to learn everything about being a wolf, and all because of Ethan.

He knew I would never be the same without my father. That I'd be somewhat dead inside whenever I needed advice, fatherly advice, but I eventually let that go too.

So after months of changing and working to come back into the world, it came time for me to move on, to start a new life with Ethan. Which meant me moving out and into a apartment we'd both agreed on sharing rent payments, little silly things that would help the healing process.

So here I am, a junior in high school, living with the guy of my dreams and everything is perfect. Everything is somewhat clearer. I can finally breath again, and getting to wake up to Ethan every morning makes me feel funny; makes me feel alive.

Like a survivor.

_________________________________________________________________________________

So! What are you guys thinking so far? Let me know in the comments and get ready for some more Dethan.

P.s. "Who cried! Did anybody cry? Cause I did just writing it!"

-LuLu-