Chapter Two~Locked Up

"NO!" I yelled, hot tears streaming down my face.

Her bony, wrinkly hand clenched tightly onto my wrist, dragging me out of the building. Worst of all, she saw me in my regular clothes.

"You foolish child, stop fighting me, we are going to have a long conversation at home," grandmother growled.

"Drake! Drake, help me, please don't let her hurt--"

"Shush Child! Shush!"

I knew she wanted to curse me out, and beat me, though she couldn't in front of people.

"Gabrielle!" I trembled with fear as I heard his cry. Two strong administrators were hold him back, with no way of saving me, "Let me go mother fuckers! Don't you know that crazy old woman is going to hurt her! Please, let go!"

Grandmother stared at Drake, her eyes full of hatred, "Let's go now, Gaby"

In tears, I looked at Drake for a long moment knowing it was over, "Goodbye my love, I love you so much,"

He blew me a kiss, his voice shaky, "I love you too baby, I love you so--"

Before I could hear him say another word, I was pulled outside to the car.

I closed my eyes the whole ride home, for only the darkness seemed better than anything...

______________________________________________________

My eyes slowly opened, I had the biggest backache from napping on the floor. Actually, overall I was hurtin' every single place of my body that has been beat. I lost my bed, but at least I was able to keep a door.

Dizzily, I stood up tripping over my own feet. I managed my way to my mirror, and gasped. There was a burn on my left arm, small cuts on my right, a scar across my cheeks, and more red marks on my legs. Scared to see what else there was to discover on my body, I stripped off my shirt and threw it to the side.

"Fuuuuuckkkkk!" I exclaimed, rattled from what I saw, "This is gonna take a while to recover from!"

There were three whipping marks on my back, I didn't even know they used whips in this generation!

I jumped up at least 2 feet from the ground when my step grandmother stepped in unexpectedly. Quickly, I slipped my shirt back on and hid in the corner of my room.

"Where are they?!" She questioned, with no explanation at all.

"Where's what?" I asked with a tremble in my voice.

"Those clothes you have hidden from me, I know you got more than what you were wearing,"

I was too traumatized to say any word.

"Speak child! Or else I'll beat you some more!"

"Okay, I'll show you!" I cried, slowly getting up.

I went through my closet and pulled out a tall ladder that helped me get to the roof. I placed it where you could read to an opening covered by white plastic cover. I removed it and turned on the lights of the attic, "It's all up here," I spoke softly.

I climbed down, and sat silently in the corner, holding myself in a ball. Wanting to scream in terror, I watched in pain as she threw every little thing she found up there in the trash can.

As soon as she was done, she stood in front of me with her hands behind her back, "Here's what's going to be happening around here. You will stay in the room for the next 5 days. You will eat, drink, bathe, and do anything you could manage to do in this room. After that, I will let you free to roam around this house, and possibly the back yard. You are to stay in this house until visible wounds are completely healed, understand? After that, I will be sending you to one of the strictest--I mean, one of the best private schools they've got here in Compton. When you walk to school, you will be supervised by someone, I'm not quite sure whom yet, but I will figure that out. I don't want to hear one complaint or negative thing come out of your mouth, kapeesh?" She informed me with so much within the past 3 minutes.