7. The Malfoy's (Pt. 1)

OK, so I'm back! I was wondering if you guys would appreciate me making a schedule for she I update? Like, I could commit to every Wensday or something. Let me know if it would work for you guys (and girls, of course! :D), now, the chapter!

Third Person POV

In the court room were a few people in the crowd. Obviously, Hunter was there. So was Poppy Pomfrey and Evelyn Moonstone, well, Clement again now. Next to her was Jackson Firehearth, who had been informed of everything a few hours ago. One person you might not expect there was Draco Malfoy. While Hunter and Poppy and Evelyn were on benches twenty feet from where the prisoners would be, he was up above in an observing room, separated by glass. He could hear from there, but as he wasn't actually a part of what was taking place, he wasn't down on the main floor. He was only hear because it was his parents being the ones heard. This wasn't a new trial, they were just in a court room so that the judge could ensure Mr And Mrs Malfoy remained... civil. Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy were brought out. The judge eyes them distastefully. For people who had just been brought out of Azkaban, even having only been there a few days, they seemed to be faring well. Unfortunately.

Aside from the prison clothes and deshelved appearances, they didn't have visable insanity developing in their eyes. Of course, this didn't say much as to what was not visable, what they were thinking. The judge asked Hunter to step out for a moment, as they were concerned as to what painful memories this may bring up. With him gone, they were free to jump right into the big stuff. Jackson, being an Auror, stepped up to ask questions. Evelyn was to close to this.

"Lucius Malfoy, can you tell me what happened to Hunter Clement?"

Lucius looked at him lazily. A smug smirk grew on his face. "I'm afraid you'll need to be more specific. Hunter Clement?" You could tell by his tone he knew exactly what and who they were talking about.

"The nineteen year old found in a panic room in your old house."

"House? That was a manner," he scoffed, and wrinkled his nose. "House."

"Just tell us what you know about him. And while your at it, tell us why he hasn't aged." Jackson was quickly tiring of Lucius' mind games.

"For what?" Lucius said. Jackson raised his eyebrows.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me!" Lucius yelled. Even now, he still held a holier-than-thou attitude. He acted as though he didn't come here by gaurd escort, but by desire to be here. "If I am to tell you what you want, why should I do it for free? And don't give me a speech about how I'm in custody of the Ministry, I still have the right to remain silent if I wish. And besides, I've already been tried for my work with the Dark Lord, and you are unable to put someone on trial for a crime they've already been tried for, we both know that. Also, what I want is very simple."

The court was silent for a moment. Narcissa smiled slowly and with pride at how well her husband was handling this.

Jackson cleared his throat, frowning. "If I were to agree to this, what is it you would ask?"

Lucius smiled maliciously, knowing he was getting what he wanted. "I simply desire a conversation with Draco. That is all."

Up in the booth, Draco tensed. Jackson looked up at him through the glass. It was his decision. He sighed, and dread filled him. He gave a simple nod, and Jackson gave a very small sympathetic smile.

The smile disappeared when he looked back at Lucius. "Fine. Just tell us what you know, and you can have a lovely chat with your only child."

Lucius smiled mysteriously, like he knew something no one else did. "Only child..." He muttered under his breath, amused. Then he looked up.

"Ever heard of the multiverse?"

...Whatever anyone had expected, no one had expected that. Lucius continued on.

"It's this theory some idiot came up with, but it holds some truth. Many years ago, the Dark Lord discovered that there was another world bound to this one. We already knew that there were many parallel universes out there, that was discovered long ago. But this one was... different somehow. It was empty, devoid of life. Barren. But it seemed it could be hospitable. It also seemed... that one could live forever there. The war was in his favor at the time, we figured we could try an experiment that would take years. I was barely out of school, following him discreetly. If we were to put a person in there, maybe wait a few years, we could pull him out and see if he had aged. If not, we would figure out a way to send the whole wizard world there, leave the filthy mudbloods behind here, and rule for eternity there. Can you see where this is going?" Lucius paused, wondering if the idiots were fast enough to understand. They all looked horrified and sick.

"You sent Hunter..." Evelyn's voice shook with rage and horror. Poppy had a few tears running down her face.

Lucius smiled, seemingly delighted. "You do get it! Now, see, where was I? Ah, yes, well, after sending that one in there, the Dark Lord was defeated. Poor Hunter was forgotten about, until recently when You-Know-Who rises again, we pulled him out. Then he was defeated for good and me and Narcissa were sent to Azkaban and he was left behind."

After he finished, Evelyn jumped up to attack Lucius, but Jackson cut her off on her way. Narcissa laughed at the attempt.

Poppy slipped unnoticed out of the room to find Hunter...

To Be Continued...