Chapter 5 -

Lightning streaked the sky, yells echoed around Olympus, “Zeus, she’s gone, someone has taken her, I demand that you do more to get her back to me, I know Hades took her, he must have, and it’s the only logical explanation.” Demeter was furious, she practically screamed at Zeus.

“Demeter, Hades wouldn’t dare take my own daughter without my permission, he’s simply not that stupid, we have many enemies, but until the oracle gives us more to go on, I’m afraid we are just going to have to keep an eye out and wait. Besides, he was here with us at the meeting, everyone saw him, you even talked to him” Zeus knew that if he could just keep Demeter busy long enough, ultimately it would be too late, Persephone would be Hades, and Demeter would have to deal with it.

“Then he had one of his cronies do it, all I know, is she’s gone, and I blame Hades, he wanted her for himself, I wouldn’t allow it, now he’s taken her.” Demeter did not care what Zeus said, she was convinced it was Hades.

“Do not TEST me Demeter, “Zeus roared, “Hades was here, he could not have taken her, you will defer to MY judgement on this, end of discussion!!!”

Demeter glared at Zeus, knowing that when he got like this there was no reasoning with him, and starting to feel like maybe he himself perhaps had something to do with it, she conceded, and stormed off Olympus. If Zeus was not going to help her, she would have to figure something else out, but what, who would even help her. She remembered that there were a couple of tree nymphs in grove that Persephone often played with, perhaps they had seen something, she headed to the grove, hoping to find them, I mean, they couldn’t be far.

After Demeter’s departure, Hermes approached Zeus, “Zeus, should I search around for any clues?” He wanted to do something to help, but considering Zeus’s mood, felt he should ask first.

Zeus sighed and looked over at Hermes, “I appreciate the gesture, but I have Apollo right now consulting the oracle, perhaps once we have more information to go on.”

“Very well, let me know if my services are required, I have some souls I need to get to Chiron, so I’ll take my leave now.” Hermes turned and left Olympus as well, leaving Zeus alone on the throne. Suddenly Hades appeared by his side.

“Brother, have you missed me?” Hades grinned.

Zeus growled at Hades, “What are you doing here? This is not the…..” Hades interrupted him laughing.

“Can’t your brother just pop in for a visit?! I heard Persephone is missing, I just wanted to offer my condolences and any assistance you might need in finding and returning her.” Oh, Hades played the part well, there may not have been any of the other gods and goddesses in sight, but that did not mean they were not in earshot.

Zeus started to catch on, and he suppressed a smile, “Why that is very kind of you brother, I of course will let you know if there’s anything you can assist me with.”

Hades smiled at Zeus, and bowed his head, “I am at your service, you know where to find me if you need anything.” With that Hades departed back to his domain, he had a woman’s heart to win afterall.