Chapter 3

Chapter 3: New Beginnings (Killan P.O.V)

As Emma left to speak to Regina, I started walking out of the diner, but was stopped by David. "Look, I don't want any trouble. I don't want to have this conversation again," I said, expecting him to tell me to stay away from his daughter.

Instead he smiled and motioned for me to join his family at the table. Reluctantly, I sat down, looking at Henry for assurance that I wasn't about to be yelled at. He smiled encouragingly. "What... Can I do for you?" I asked awkwardly.

Mary Margaret laughed. "We're not mad, Hook, so you can stop with the internal freak-out I know you're having," she said. "Comforting..." I said sarcastically. "We wanted to welcome you to the family," David said. In that instant, a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

I had a home, a family and they cared for me and I cared for them. "Thank you," I said, genuinely. They all smiled at me, Henry even hugged me. I enjoyed the next few moments with my new family. We talked about how stubborn Emma could be, Henry kept asking questions about our adventure back in time, and for the first time since I became a pirate, I felt truly wanted.

Later on, David and Henry took me shopping for some -as they called them- "more fashionable and normal clothes" I just thought they looked ridiculous. On me, anyway.

While the two were arguing over whether to get me jeans or sweat pants, both of which I found ridiculous, I couldn't help but wonder where my Swan was. I finally could call her MY Swan.

I was snapped out of my daze when David came over with a very odd looking outfit for me. "Go in there," he said, pointing to a small closet-like room, "and try these on. Once you're done, come show us," he instructed. Obediently, I went in and tried them on.

The outfit consisted of a pair of dark denim pants, a blue collared shirt and a leather jacket. That I was grateful for. After all, leather is what made me devilishly handsome.

I walked out of what David said was a "change room" after I put the new clothes on. "Oh my god, grandpa, he looks like a normal person!" Henry joked, smiling at me. I rolled my eyes, smiling back at him. "So... What do you think, gramps?" I asked. "I like it. I bet Emma will too," he said, ignoring the gramps comment.

After they picked out some more clothes while I walked around, looking at all the strange fashion choices of this world, we walked back to the apartment as Mary Margaret had taken the truck.

When we walked in, Henry immediately pointed to one of the bedrooms. Emma's, I think and said "Go change. Pick out something nice," I looked at him questioningly but obeyed. I put on the same thing I'd tried on earlier. When I came out, Mary Margaret, who was sitting on the couch with the baby, looked at me in shock.

"Wow. Nice job guys, I don't even recognize him," she said. I sighed and walked over to them. "Is this really necessary?" I asked. "You really needed to stop wearing the same thing every day, so yes. Plus, we aren't in our land, so you should start wearing... Normal clothes," Davis explained. "Fine," I muttered.

Just then, the phone rang. David Mary Margaret picked it up, had a short conversation and hung up. She walked over to me and smiled. "Emma wants you to meet her at the docks," she said. I nodded and left, wondering what my Swan could have in store now.

I walked down to the docks, not without getting several strange looks, undoubtedly because of my new wardrobe. When I got there, I saw her, looking as beautiful as ever sitting on the same bench we had shared earlier that day.

"Hey, beautiful," I said, sitting down beside her, "I heard you wanted to see me?" Her jaw dropped when she saw me. "What... What the hell happened to you?!?" She laughed. "Your father and son decided to play dress the pirate up," I sighed. She smiled and kissed my cheek. "I think you look great," she said.

"So, what's up? Why did you want me to come?" I asked with a smile. "Oh, that? Yeah, I have something for you. Before I give it to you though, remember, it can be undone if you want," she said nervously. "What is it, Swan?" I laughed. She sighed and took out a black leather bag from her purse.

She smiled and waved her hand. I looked at her, confused until I realized something... I had two hands!!! "Emma, how did you... How the hell..." Tears were actually threatening to fall. 'Suck it up, Killian,' I thought to myself. I sat there, staring at my TWO hands, "God, Emma, I can't even begin to thank you enough," I said hugging her.

She hugged back. "After everything you've done for me, Killian, honestly I was the least I could do," she said. "I love you so much!" I exclaimed. She smiled, and got up. "I know. And I love you too. Let's go thank Gold though, before he tries to take that thing back," she laughed.

I nodded and got up. It had started snowing and to keep warm, she hugged me as we made our way to Rumplestiltskin's shop. I put my arm around her waist and though about how lucky I was to have Emma. In the past 24 hours, my life had changed so much. I had gotten the woman of my dreams, I had earned a family and I had gotten my hand back. I felt whole again, loved again... For the first time in so long, I felt like Killian Jones and not Captain Hook.

As we walked into the shop, Belle greeted us, smiling at Emma, who was still hugging me. "I knew it," she said happily. Emma rolled her eyes. "You know what I knew, Belle?" She asked, "what's that?" Belle said. Emma let go of me and walked over to Belle, taking her hand and pointing to a ring.

Belle blushed, "Yeah, yeah," she said. I walked over get a better look at the ring. I smiled, happy for her and the old crocodile. "And you... What am I supposed to call you now, that I can't really call you Hook?" She said motioning to my left hand. "Killian Jones, at you service," I mockingly bowed.

"So, where's Rumple?" Emma asked. "Right here," he said coming out of the back. I smiled, "Thank you," I said, looking over at him. "Consider it a congratulations gift," he said. "We've both moved on and can officially stop hating each other, so I'll give you back part of what I took away from you," he said.

I smiled, "Aye, to new beginnings," I said as Belle handed all of us a drink. We all said cheers and drank up. This truly was a new beginning. To my life, to Emma's, to theirs too. I enjoyed the moment, for the first time, acknowledging the fact that despite our history, I was surrounded by friends, not enemies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's another slow chapter, but I think they deserve at least a day before dealing another villain. But guys, IT'S SNOWING!!! We all know that's not good, lol. I hope you enjoyed, let me know! Vote and comment! I really appreciate it! See ya,

~Jillchair8e