The Hard Path(chapter 2)

Abigail's P.O.V

I've decided, and I won't go back on my word. I knew that either choice I made would not be a great thing. My father said he wanted me to live my life, and I have told myself that this would be the best way to follow my deceased father's words. Although I am utterly terrified by the monstrous titans. I know I could die any moment outside the protection of the walls. Then again the walls aren't very safe either. I will not allow my fear of the titans to stop me from living. I will do at least this for my father. He has done so much for me and I have done nothing in return. The warm glow of the candle repeled the darkness and filled the temporary room I was givin. I sat up in my bed thinking everything through. So much has happened over such a short period of time. I leaned over to grab my crutches. I needed to take a walk through the dark and clear skies with the cold crisp air. I push my weight onto my crutches and stumble out the door. I clumsily make my way outside and stare up towards the millions of bright stars. I suddenly hear a twig snap behind me and I quickly spin around to see the one and only Lance Corporal Levi. Since he was right there I decided I should tell him my decision.

"Hey Levi Heichou, I have decided on what...uh.. Levi, what are you-"I began to say but was quickly cut off as Levi moved closer to me and quickly embraced me. He wrapped his arms around me. He was strong, but not crushing strong, I felt so safe and secure.

"Sshh...you needed it."

I stayed there in his embrace for a while. I cried for some time and my knees buckled underneath me a few times but Levi was always there to catch me. I felt as if I could trust him and believe he would always be there, yet I knew it was all fake. It was all a fluke to help get me to join the Scouting Legion.

"I'm okay Levi. I'm going to go back to my room now. I just needed to clear my head."I stated.

Even though I left my room to clear my head, I'm even more confused now. what was that all about. How did he even know that that was just what I needed, just not from him.

◇◇◇

I saw Levi at breakfast and walked up to him. His gray eyes menacing, suddenly I was terrified.Even though yesterday he wasn't scary at all, today he was utterly terrifing. I was scared but I took my time walking up to him so I didn't fall and look like a huge klutz.

"H-hey Levi Heichou. I made my decision. I'm going to join the Scouting legion and help humanity." I announced.

"Good to hear. You know you didn't really have much of a choice in the first place."

"Thats what you think."

"Oh really?"

"Y-yeah you gave me a choice, remember?"I stated. Everyone around us stood mouth agape staring at both of us. Levi smirking at it all while I'm trying to turn invisible. Levi just laughed and walked past me on his way out and whispered something really quietly in my ear so only I heard.

"Don't think that you're so amazing and better than everyone because of yesterday."Levi muttered. I quickly spun around and was about to say that that had nothing to do with anything, but I stopped myself. If I said anything would Levi get scarier. Could you even get scarier? As I came out of my world of thought I heard several whispers around me.

"Levi always has the last word."

"She thinks shes so much better than everyone else."

"What is her problem?"

"Hey Abigail! Can I call you Abi like I used to? Well Abi, why don't you sit with me, Petra and the rest of us?"Mathias asked as he walked up to where I was standing. I snapped out of my daze and answered him.