The Blossoming

The blossoming of what???? Hmmmm I wonder. Actually I don't and I don't think you do either!!! But we can assume.... Also, I haven't read the manga, so I don't really know where the story goes that far in, so I will probably end this story in a few chapters..... Not really. But I need to find a way for Levi to fully come to terms with his feelings P.S.- I promise that if you assume it won't make an ass.(of).u.&.me... Get it ass u me? Yes no? Eh whatever......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levi's POV

All through breakfast, I couldn't think straight. My mind was always on Gail. I couldn't even talk to her normally. Argh! Damn it all! Why is this happening?! I couldn't focus on anything either, and I knew that everyone noticed. I was furious with myself, for being weak, and how I couldn't stop myself from yelling at the one person who realizes that I'm not an emotionless weapon at disposal. I have emotions it's just..... They are too painful to experience. Even happiness only brings sadness in the end. The whole day passed by in a haze, and soon it was the evening, and the sun is setting. I walked up to Erwin's office, and knocked on the heavy wooden door.

"Come in Levi" Erwin's voice resounded, and I complied pushing on the rough wood walking through the doorway and into Erwin's office.

"Levi, I want to talk to you about something important. It's about how you've been acting recently. I think it might have something about Gail. Could that be it? Will you please explain this?"

"Erwin, it's really nothing. I'm just having an off day,"

"Levi," Erwin audibly sighs, and looks to be with somewhat of a smile,"you don't have 'off-days'." I furrowed my eyebrows finally realizing how every single living being I came in contact with thought of me. All of them
except her.

"What makes you say that Erwin?" I pushed.

"Levi.... You are humanity's soldier. And, one of the better ones at that. ....You aren't just a soldier though. ....You are our weapon. Weapons don't have off days, and neither do you. So get your act together. We need you. If something is affecting your performance, just tell me and it will be, dealt with."

"Erwin, I, I'm not a weapon..."

"Levi? Now? It isn't the time to be having an identity crisis, is this a joke Levi? You realize when I recruited you, you were the one who agreed to being a weapon? Remember that?"

"Yeah.... I'll just go now" my eyebrows remained frozen in their furrowed position as I contemplated how to fix this... Whatever it was. I think this may have something to do with.... NO! It can't! That's not who I am... I'm just confused. I let out a deep, heavy sigh and threw my head back staring into the dark mysterious sky. The stars shone with their usual brilliance, and seemed to dance around.

"So? Rough day huh?" Gail asked, as she sat down next to me on the flowing fresh green grass.

"You could say that..." I replied lee clinging back onto my lower arms.

"Anything you want to talk about?" She questioned leaning closer to me, her green eyes full of worry and care.

"What is there to talk about?" I reply with my usual coldness. I knew she didn't deserve it, but, I as everyone implies is causing this, then I must keep emotional distance.

"Hehe, umm well what happened that made your day so bad?" She giggled, ignoring my rude reply. She slid closer to me and smiled at my emotional state, oh come on, you can trust me!" I looked the other way before responding,

"Well nothing exactly..... But, can I maybe ask you something?"

"Levi, even if you thought you couldn't, you are the captain,"she sighed,"Levi.... You are wonderfully human. You have so many feelings even if you don't show it, and heck it doesn't matter what you think, because to me, you are worth more than just my captain. And, maybe if we kept talking like this, I might even consider you as more than a friend." She stated looking up to the sparkling stars looking down on us. A saw a hint of pink lick her cheeks, and a small smile creeped on my face.

"Well than I don't really have to ask you it, heh, you already answered it," I looked towards her with the same slight smile on my face. She looked to me and I saw red color her cheeks and look back to the sky. Shocked I also look back to the shining wonders, and hope that my world can stay just as it is, with my Comrade, Gail, the one and only.