He just hit the bulls-eye in our absence, didn't he?

I locked myself in my room and cried. All the tears and emotion that was bottled up inside me started to spill. I touched the bruise on my lower lip, which was busted, and some dried blood was still there.

A single day. Just a single day, the boys skipped the school for their work. And just a single day I wished I would go unnoticed. But no, I didn't. Looking at me without the boys, unarmed, they started their bullying again.

I had to face those punches, kicks and nasty remarks, again. Now, I just couldn't take it anymore. I was hopeless and my strength was slowly breaking. I was breaking, I could feel that and this time maybe even the boys wouldn't be able to keep me from tearing apart.

"Naomi! Naomi!" My head snapped towards the door. There were not supposed to come back until evening. What are they doing here?

"Open the door, Naomi." I heard Bennett say. But I was frozen. What am I supposed to say to them?

"Why is she crying?" I heard Declan growl.

"How am I supposed to know? She wouldn't open the door." Jordan said before banging on my door.

I slowly walked to the door and unlocked it. I stumbled backward by the force as all of them literally knocked me off of my feet. Jordan grabbed my hand and Bennett held me by my shoulder to steady me. I was so weak that I had to grab onto both of them so I wouldn't fall.

They all looked at me for a second. Declan lifted his index finger and brushed it over my lips. I winced in pain. The bruise that was turning purple on my jaw I assumed was showing itself to the boys representing my vulnerability.

"WHY EVERY FREAKING TIME WE ARE ABSENT, SHE HAS TO GO THROUGH THIS?" Declan shouted. I flinched.

"Let's just shoot him on the head this time, I insist," Bennett said looking at me from head to toe to find any other damage.

"Go on, Bennett. There are plenty." I thought bitterly picturing how Raymond kicked me in the ribs.

"I'll freaking SKIN HIM ALIVE!" Declan yelled as he glared at the bruises.

When Jordan ran inside the door only then did I notice he was absent. He shoved Declan to the side and immediately opened his first aid box. I kept my gaze down the whole time, ashamed that I couldn't protect myself just for a day. Ashamed that they had to babysit me all the time like a burden.

"I am going...outside," Declan said, though his glare seemed to tell a different story.

"No, d-don't Declan." I moved my lips for the first time and regretted as soon as I did. It hurt like hell.

Looking at my pained expression their face fell.

"Shut up, Naomi! I'll make him see the universe today." He said as he stomped out of the room.

The stinging on my lips increased painfully as I felt a cotton ball touching my lips. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried not to cry out in pain.

"Jordan, slowly," Bennett said walking a bit closer.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Naomi. Did I hurt you?" Jordan panicked. I shook my head but kept my gaze down.

His phone rang loudly in this silence and he looked at the caller id for a moment.

"Bent, can you do this for a second? It's... important." He said and I heard a "sure" coming from him as Jordan walked out.

I saw him coming closer. He gently put his hand on my shoulder and made me sit on my bed. He crouched down and cupped my face, lifting it slightly, making me look at him. I felt his cold eyes on me eyeing me warily.

"Why are you feeling ashamed?" he asked and I sighed. There he goes all I-know-everything-so-don't-bother-hiding on me.

"Shouldn't I?" I asked.

"If you are still ashamed around us about bullying after the things we've been through together and the things we told you, then I am pretty sure you still don't see us as your friends, do you?" He said

"You know that it's not true. I just- I am just ashamed of myself for not being able to protect myself." I mumbled.

"You are not supposed to, Naomi. We were like you too. We had to learn how to fight this and you'll learn too. Till then, we are here to protect you and you have to believe us in this." He said. The first time I saw him talk so lightly as if he raised his voice in front of me even slightly, I might break.

"And you ha...LOOK AT ME, Naomi." He said with a faint firmness in his voice as I did so. "Always hold your head high. Don't ever lower your head." He said.

Those piercing eyes looked at me with so much care that I couldn't hold myself any longer and I burst into tears. I heard him sigh as he stood up and sat beside me instead, rubbing my back soothingly. I rested my head on his shoulder.

When my sobbing turned into hiccups, I felt the cotton ball connect with my lips again. I felt calm. I still kept my head on his shoulder as I listened to his heartbeat, forgetting the stinging for some moments. He kept aiding the cuts on my face as well as my internal bruises. But he doesn't need to know that.

I didn't realize when did a fell asleep until I heard voices. But I didn't open my eyes.

"Now that's not how I expected to find them." Jordan for sure.

"He just hit the bulls-eye in our absence, didn't he?" Declan said. I got confused at first but then I recalled the state we were in. I felt Bennett's chin resting on my head and I had my arm wrapped around his waist. My head was now on his chest.

"Yeah, and now look at him sleeping like he just came out of a womb." Jordan mocked and I hid my smile, snuggling a little closer.

The voices stopped for some moments. With slitted eyes, I saw Jordan pulling the comforter and covering us, which I was really thankful for.

"I don't mean to sound like Hannah but they look cute," Declan said and I tried to calm my face down.

"I had my suspicion of you being gay, you know," Jordan said.

"Why you little"- he started.

"Shut up! They are sleeping. Let's get out of here." I heard the door shut and I was about to move but I stopped.

"Jerks." I heard him mutter above me as he rested his chin on top of me before kissing the side of my head, I smiled a little knowing he wouldn't see me.

"So he wasn't really asleep." I thought as I snuggled a little closer and felt him hugging me with both of his arms. We fell asleep. Real tight.