Chapter 3: Dungeons

Aerlinniel POV

We have started our journey through Mirkwood, no one has spoken a word. I am not sure why. I wish they would, because all I can think about is Legolas and I just get more and more worried every moment.

I would do anything just to be in his arms and hear his heartbeat right now. Why must this always happen? Why do I always lose Legolas?

"Aerlinniel?" I hear Elarinya say my name.

"Yes, Elarinya?"

"Do not worry, we will find him." She reassures me.

I guess she could tell I am worrying. I just nod, not wanting to say anything more about the situation. I wish I knew where to look, but I honestly have no idea where he could be.

Gandalf told me he probably just left, that he most likely wanted to go off on his own after the war or something. But, that makes no sense. I refuse to believe that he just woke up and decided to leave everyone. He had to have been taken. But by whom? Orcs surely would have been caught.

I give a sigh, hopefully it will not take us long to find out. I do not know how much longer Legolas has.

~four days later~

We have finally reached the edge of Mirkwood. It feels so good to feel the wind on my face again. I take a deep breath in and out, enjoying the fresh air.

Very few words have been spoken. Honestly, I think everyone is worried and is not sure what to say. I do not know what to say myself.

I know they are probably curious as to what has happened while I have been gone, but I am not ready to talk about it. Especially with Legolas being gone.

Legolas POV

I open my eyes to see nothing but darkness. Where am I and why is it so dark and cold? I go to sit up and I am immediately hit with intense pain on my side and on my head.

What happened to me? The last thing I remember is fighting at the black gate. I felt a pain in my side. And then Aerlinniel came and Sauron was defeated. And then I fell into her arms. I must of passed out after that.

Where is she? Is she alright? So many questions. I need someone to answer them. I wonder if there is anyone around.

I carefully sit up again and call out into the darkness, "Hello? Is anyone there?"

"Who are you?" I hear a voice question back.

"I am Prince Legolas from the Woodland-realm. Who are you?"

"Oh, My Prince! I am Meldarion. I used to live in the Woodland-realm many years ago. Before I traveled to Imladris. I was just recently captured by these orcs and evil men." He replies.

"What is this place?" I ask him.

He then informs me, "We are in the dungeons. Exactly where, I am not sure. All I know is that orcs and evil men run this place. They have been capturing men, dwarves, and elves for years to tend to their own needs. Most of the time they keep us locked up in here. There are some of us who have been here for thousands of years. I am guessing it is because no one outside of this knows of its existence."

How can this be? How has there been such a horrible place like this for thousands of years and nobody knows about this. Could this mean I might never be found?

"Have you ever tried to escape?" I question.

"We have tried to, but each time our plan has failed. I have become close with some of those in the cells around us, but I have never seen any of them. They keep it so dark down here. The only face I ever really see is an elleth who brings us food. She has been here longer than any of us. But, she never speaks. No one knows who she is or where she came from. There must be something special about her if they let her stay out of her cell." He explains.

I stay silent after that, I need to process all of this. How did I even get here in the first place? This makes no sense. And what about Aerlinniel? Is she here too? I sure hope not.

I hear a loud noise and see a soft light. Walking towards me is an elleth carrying two trays of food. This must be who Meldarion was talking about.

She hands me the tray and I slowly lift my hand to grab it when I feel another wave of pain in my side. Giving a groan, I reach for the tray again.

But, this time the elleth sets it on the ground next to me and looks at my wound. She then grabs something out of a bag that is hanging over her shoulder. They are herbs and she hands them to me. They are to help heal and to help with pain.

"Thank you." I whisper to her, giving her a small smile.

She just nods her head and gives the other tray of food to Meldarion before leaving. I felt bad for her. Her eyes seemed so heavy, like she has not slept in a long time. And she just looked hurt. Not physically, but emotionally.

This elleth and Meldarion, and anyone else who is here does not deserve this. I need to find some way out. There has to be something I can do to help them.

"I am worried for you, my Prince." Meldarion then warns me, "Things do not turn out good for those of royal blood here. All I can tell you is to stay strong and fight for as long as you can. You have yet to find out what they do to us here."

"And what is that?" I ask, growing anxious.

"I have not the heart to tell you, it is too painful for me to speak about." He admits.

Well, this cannot be good.

~~~~~~

Will Aerlinniel be able to get to Legolas before it is too late? And who is this mysterious elleth that has been there for thousands of years? So many things still yet to happen, I hope you all are excited! Updates are every Sunday AND Thursday!!! I'm going to be updating more often again for the new year! :D

Love you my elves from the realm of llamas,

~Ellethwen <3

P.s. HAPPY NEW YEAR!