Chapter 2: Together

Aerlinniel POV

Caunedhiel and I have been standing here for a while. Elarinya must be having trouble finding them. I smile at the thought of my sister and my friends. I must say, it is good to be home. Even if it is only for a little while.

In the distance, I hear Mallory complain, "What is the meaning of this Elarinya? Why are you making us walk with our eyes closed?"

I laugh, I guess she did not tell them I was here yet.

"Oh, do I have a surprise for you!" Elarinya tells them.

Mallory groans, "You know I hate surprises. But you also have me quite interested."

"I am trying to figure out what it could be, but I have absolutely no idea." Faelwen admits.

"Good. That will make the surprise all the better." Elarinya tells them with a laugh. "Here we are, you may open your eyes now."

At first, there is silence. Then I about jump out of my skin when they both scream, "AERLINNIEL!"

"You are back." Faelwen adds, both of them hugging me.

"Yes, I am back. I must say, It is so good to hear all of your voices again. But, I am afraid I have bad news." I inform them.

"No." Elarinya argues, "You are not leaving me again."

I give a sigh, "Elarinya...It is Legolas."

Her tone of voice immediately changes, "I am sorry for getting upset. I just, I miss my sister."

"I know, I miss you too."

"May Aerlinniel and I talk alone please?" Elarinya asks and they walk off without a word. "Aerlinniel, what is wrong? What happened with Legolas?"

"He is gone. He disappeared. No one knows what happened." I tell her, holding back tears.

"There is something else that is bothering you, Aerlinniel. What is it?" When I do not reply, she asks again, "Aerlinniel, what else is bothering you?"

"It is just, everytime I finally get Legolas back, I lose him again. Will it never end? Are Legolas and I just not destined to be together? I do not understand why this always happens. I just want him back." I rant to my sister, getting out everything I had been holding in for so long.

"Aerlinniel." Elarinya softly tells me, "I do not think you and Legolas are destined to be together. I know you are. I know how much you love him, you just have a hard time telling him. You know, you have a bad habit of keeping secrets."

"I know, I cannot help it. With the way I was treated growing up, it is just hard for me to reveal my secrets. Especially about being blind." I admit. "But, maybe it is time for me to stop."

"Exactly. Out of the people you told, how many have treated you differently?" She questions.

I do not even have to think, "None. No one at all."

"And, sure there might be some people who will treat you differently. But, that is just how life is. Now, pull yourself together, we have a Prince to find."

"We?"

"Yes, we. I am coming with you. We will find Legolas, together." She explains and I smile at the idea.

"I would love that. We will leave tomorrow. I fear if I wait to long, I will really lose him." I confess. What if I really do lose him this time?

She places a hand on my shoulder, "Aerlinniel, you worry too much. Take a breath and then come get some rest."

I nod my head, afraid that I will break down if I speak again. I follow Elarinya to my room when we get there I get comfortable in my bed. It is nice to be in my own bed after so long. I slowly drift off to sleep, my only thoughts being of Legolas.

~~~

I wake up with a start. My nightmares have been getting worse lately. And now Legolas is always in them. I fear this will keep happening until we find him.

After lying down for a few more minutes, I slowly get up and get a few things done before changing. Now, I need to find Elarinya.

I leave my room, and decide to take a walk around and see if I can find her. Maybe I will run into Mallory or Faelwen. I did not really get the chance to talk to either of them yesterday.

Not many people seem to be around. Maybe it is still pretty early and everyone is still sleeping. But, I do not know for sure.

I am about to turn down another hallway when I hear, "Aerlinniel! Wait up."

I turn around as Faelwen runs up to me, hugging her when she does get to me. When I let go, I greet her.

"Mellon nín, I have missed you so much."

"I have missed you too. Elarinya told us about Legolas. She is waiting for you in the stables, I will walk with you there." She informs me and we start walking towards the stables.

"I am so sorry that I have to leave again, I know I just got back." I apologise to her.

She links her arm with mine and tells me, "No need to apologize, I completely understand. I would do the same if I was in your position."

"Thank you for understanding."

As we are approaching the stables, I hear not only my sister's heartbeat. But Caunedhiel's and Mallory's too. I smile at them.

"What are all of you doing here?" I ask them.

"We are coming with you." Mallory replies.

"Really?" I question, surprised they all want to come.

Faelwen answers, "Yes, really. You are not leaving without us this time."

"I am only coming with until we get close to Rivendell. I promised Eruedraith I would meet him there." Caunedhiel tells me.

I smile, "That is alright. I am glad you are coming, even if it is only for a little while. Should we be off then?"

"Yes, we will take the Elven path through Mirkwood. When we reach the end of the forest, we will go through the Misty Mountains. That is when we will part ways." Caunedhiel explains to me.

Faelwen comments, "Alright, let us get going while it is still early."

~~~~~~

Merry Christmas! I hope you all are doing well and that you enjoyed this chapter! :) Updates are every Sunday. (Well, most of the time, lol)

Love you my elves from the realm of llamas,

~Ellethwen <3