chapter 1

My life has never been normal. I have always been the weird, unpopular, emo girl. My hair is black, my face is pale, I wear black clothes and a lot of make-up. My name is Scarlet and I’m a freshman at Moonridge High in Colorado.

          I remember the day my life changed forever. It was a snowy day and I was headed to a party at my friend’s house in the woods. I had my favorite band, Escape the Fate, blaring throughout my dad’s classic 51 Chevy truck. I was so in tune to the music I didn’t know what hit me. All I remember was the truck flipping so high and landing on a tree and having it go through the engine. The last thing I saw was….him.

          He was gorgeous and mysterious. His sapphire blue eyes shone through the heavy snow. His body was built like that of a god’s. His hair looked amazing; it was long, layered and BLACK. He was my dream guy. He walked toward the car and with an unearthly strength ripped the crushed door off. He then picked up my bloody, shattered, dying body out of the car. His touch was indescribable. I looked at his immortal like face as the moon shone down on it. I shivered and started to cry. My black eyeliner began to run down my flushed cheeks.

          “You’re okay….Everything will be fine.” , he said in a sweet gentle tone.

          His voice was so heavenly. Then everything went black.

          When I awoke I felt strange. My wounds were healed and my body tingled with power. I looked in the antique mirror beside my bed. My short black hair had blood red tips. My blue eyes became sharper and more creature like. M canine teeth became sharper. I looked like a goddess.

          Everything in the room seemed spooky. Dark, black, gray, it was perfect for me. I got out of the king size bed and fell face flat on the ground. I grasped the edge of the bed and got back up. I walked to the antique door at the front of the room. Right when I opened the huge, wooden, mysterious, antique door I saw his gorgeous, handsome face. I was so startled I literally jumped 20 feet back on to the bed.

          He applauded me.

          “Very good. Your strength has improved since I saved your life.”, he said in his deep, sexy voice.

          “Wh-who are you?! Where am i?! Why did you save me?!”, I screamed in a blaring voice.

          “My name is Daniel and I am a vampire warrior. This is my mansion and I had to bite you and turn you because you lost so much blood. And oh I’m 16. Well that’s how old I was when the vampire warriors first turned me. I was actually born in 1725.”

          “Why didn’t you let me die?!”, I yelled.

          My body was boiling. My eyes became blood red. My hair lifted from my shoulders because of the amount of power building up in my body. My hands felt like they were on fire. That’s because they were!

          I raised my hands and then threw them forward with such force I was thrown back and hit my head on the bed. My vision had become blurry. Then everything went black, again.

          My vision started to clear up and the next thing I knew I’ was looking into Daniel’s blue eyes. He extended his hand out to me. His hand was warm and strong, it was unbelievable. I stood up and fell back , but he caught me.

          “That was amazing! I’ve never seen anything like that. I knew you were special the moment I saw your broken body in the car.”, he said in his angelic voice.

          “I-I feel so weird. My body is flaming hot, yet it feels so-so…good.”, I said.

          “You need to start training to be a warrior, like me. There is an Immortal War going on between demon shape-shifters and vampire warriors. With you we could win this battle! You are the girl from the prophecies!”

          “I can’t I’m not special. I’m the emo freak from Moonridge High. I can’t fight, I won’t have the strength to. I can’t even control my flaming hand thing! I don’t even know what I am yet!”, I yelled in frustration.

          “Don’t doubt yourself, you have extraordinary abilities. You can do it I know you can, trust me.” He said as his he stared with intensity at me. There was something else in his eyes, something I’ve never seen before.

“But what if I can’t, what if something bad happens?” I said with fear in my voice.

He moved close to within kissing distance of me and whispered  in my ear, “ I believe in you. All you have to do is trust in me and I can transform you into an amazing warrior, and you can save our race.”

I moved closer, so close our bodies almost touched, and whispered, “ I trust you. I want you to train me.”

He moved away. I felt like he was looking into my soul. Like he was searching for something.

“Then it’s settled. Tomorrow your training as a warrior shall begin.” he said in a sweet voice.

I blushed at the thought of him working with me. He was gorgeous and just like me. I felt like I was floating on a cloud, but like all things it has to come back down.

“Earth to Scarlet.”, he said snapping his fingers in my face.

“Huh?”

“You need to get some rest we will be working hard tomorrow. Goodnight.”, he said.

“Goodnight.”, I said.

Before he left he kissed me on the cheek. I blushed. Then I put on the silk dress lying on my bed and layed down. I looked up at the ceiling and thought about Daniel. How he looked, how sweet he was, and how he treated me. I fell asleep that night thinking about him.

The next morning I woke up in a sweat. I was breathing hard and my bed looked like a tornado hit it. Daniel came rushing in. He looked like a dark angel. My dark angel.

“Are you O.K?! I heard screaming so I came here as fast as I could.”, he said out of breath.

“I’m fine. I just had a nightmare.”, I said wiping the sweat from my forehead.

“Good because you need to get ready for your warrior training.”, he said tossing me my new armor.

“O.K. I should be really soon. I’ll call you when I’m done.”

“Good.”, he said as he left closing the door behind him.

And so my training had started. I wasn’t too sure of what he had in store for me, but I knew it would be hard.