Red Handed

Rebecca's POV

Lola and I strolled through the dog park slowly, taking in our atmosphere. Every couple of minutes, Lola would stop and leave her mark or smell other dogs. As she did so, I happened to notice a familiar figure walking her dog.

I tugged on Lola's collar, a sign of telling her to hurry up. When she decided to respond, we started walking in the direction of the woman. I realized who it was when we got closer, so I decided to speak.

"Melanie, how are you?" I took her by surprise because she jumped. "Rebecca," she started, but couldn't seem to find the correct words.

"When will you be back at work? You've missed a lot." She looked down at our two dogs who were sniffing each other. "When I finish recovering." Her answer was short and quick, which I found suspicious.

"It's been a while, are you sure you'll be coming back?"

"Yeah, eventually." She rubbed her shoulder, in which her oversized tie dye hoodie raised up some. I couldn't miss the amount of weight she'd gained since I last saw her.

"Well, we should get going." She departed quickly, turning in the direction she came in, me following behind her. Though, eventually, we parted ways.

Melanie's POV

I kicked off my sneakers and unhooked Gypsy's leash from his collar. He went straight to his water bowl, slurping it down as if we just ran a mile. I looked over and saw curls from behind the chair. I knew Jacob had just got home from work.

I attempted to make my way to the couch near him, but I knew that wasn't going to work. "Oh, so you just gonna walk right past me?" He smirked and grabbed my hand softly. A smile managed to appear on my face, and I climbed onto his lower body, laying my face on his chest.

"I was kidding," I mumbled, breathing through my nose. His aroma was fresh, fresh like he had just taken a shower.

"Mmm, I know." He said playfully while crunching on something. I gave him an intimidating look. Well, at least I think I did. "Care to share?" I didn't know exactly what it was, but I wanted some.

"You don't even know what it is," Jacob side smirked. "I don't care, I still want some." I basically demanded. He picked up a strawberry and a pineapple with the fork in his bowl, then fed it to me. Before putting the bowl to the side, Jacob ate another pineapple slice.

Meanwhile, Gypsy jumped onto the couch to our right. "What're we gonna eat?" I questioned. I was starting to get hungry, plus the kids need to eat.

"I ordered pizza and wings."

"Hot?"

"Of course." If Jacob knows anything, he knows how much I love spicy foods.

"Mmm, better have." I rested my eyes with a smirk on my face, but of course this wasn't going to last. "What, now?" He asked. Like I was supposed to be afraid, or something. "You heard me." He flared his eyebrows while his hands slid down to my butt.

"Stop what?" His fingers slid through my thighs, in which he rubbed. It kind of tickled because I had on leggings... He plays too much.

When the doorbell rang, he removed his hands and went to get the door. I rolled my eyes playfully, pushing strands of hair behind my ear.

Jacob's POV

After calling Mason and Rocky down to eat dinner, I walked over to Noelle's room to do the same. I uninvitedly opened the door only to see Anthony and Noelle cuddling. When they looked up and realized I was there, they shifted away from each other quickly.

"Foods here." I looked the two of them up and down, and Mason yelled in the background. "I told 'em, dad, but they ain't wanna listen!" I turned around and walked downstairs behind Mason and Rocky to the kitchen, where Melanie was already getting her fingers sticky.

Soon after, Anthony and Noelle came downstairs awkwardly and quietly, as if they knew what I was thinking.