Breathe

Jacob's POV

I woke up to a wet kiss on my cheek. I turned my face on my pillow, looking at Melanie. She was straddling my back, smiling. "You're up pretty early." I smiled a little. This was something I could get used to.

"Well, we have to be to work in an hour." I groaned, "I wanna call out." Melanie kissed her teeth, "We wouldn't want anyone to think something's up." She raised an eyebrow, and I nodded in agreement.

I felt her weight rise from above me, "I'm need to get ready." I got out of bed to walk her outside. I only had on basketball shorts and socks, but I didn't care.

Melanie got into the car and before pulling off, she rolled her window down. "See you in a few." "Okay." I waved and she backed out of the driveway.

Now it was my time to get ready.

Mason's POV

"What's wrong, dad? Too slow?" I teased and snickered as I did a lay-up. "I still got game." He said, snatching the ball from me and making a three pointer. I found this funny.

"Yeah, okay." I criss-crossed him while he just stood there with his hands on his hips. "You need to be ashamed of yourself." I said, shooting the basketball into the hoop.

"Nothing but net." I ran after the ball while my dad continued to stand there with his hands on his hips. "So what's your excuse?" I raised my eyebrows, awaiting an answer.

"Work, nigga." I gave him the you-like-krabby-patties-dont-you-Squidward- look as he walked towards the back door of the house.

"Yeah, okay." I muttered, thinking he couldn't hear.

~~~~

"Rocky, when are you gonna admit that you gotta thing for me?" I bit my lip, awaiting her response. She laughed out loud, literally.

"Boy, please." I side smirked, "I have a lot to offer, baby girl." I got up, lowering the volume of my music playing in the background. "Like what?" She responded.

"For one, I take care of what's mine." On the other side, it sounded as if she was shuffling some things around, but that stopped.

"Mmm, what else?" Her tone of voice had a little curiosity in it. "I mean, I'm Mason. Who wouldn't want me?" She scoffed, "What's so wrong about that?"

"You went from almost convincing to asshole in 2.5 seconds." She responded, giggling some. "Alright, so tell me about you then, little miss perfect."

"I like guys who like me for me, not for what I have." She spoke through the phone. I thought, 'so who is the real Rocky?', but it was as if she had read my mind.

"Im spontaneous and would rather have a boyfriend who spends his nights off with me, rather than work or hang out with his boys 24/7." I sort of made a face at this. Her and Noelle are too much alike.

"Tell me more." I already know Rocky as it is being that she's my sisters best friend, but not who she is deep down inside.

"You really wanna listen to me?" Her tone of voice sounded shocked. "I'm all ears."

Melanie's POV

As I sat on my bed and lotioned my body, I thought about last night. Not at all was it expected or planned, but I couldn't help but think about it.

Surprisingly, Jacob has been on my mind a lot more than usual lately. I can't explain the feeling I got last night with him, besides the fact that I wanted more of him.

The thought crossed my mind of this happening again, but I didn't mind it. With Devin, it was more like we had sex only when he wanted it, which was all of the time unless I'd say no.

I wonder what came over Jacob last night. I don't even know what came over me to agree with what happened, but it brings back old memories.