Chapter three;

I did as I was told, I curled my hair and did my make-up; when I was don I studied myself in the mirror. My blonde hair was done to almost perfection and my blue eyes stood out from the dark mascara and pale skin. My full lips were tinted the perfect shade of pink.

“Dan, come here?” I shouted down the hall.

“Yeah?” He popped his head through my door.

“I need two things; first, do I look all right?” I asked gesturing to my hair and make-up.

“Yes as long as you’re not wearing that.” He pointed to my old tracksuit bottoms and scruffy t-shirt.

“Is this not chique enough for you?” I joked while posing. “No that’s what my second thing is; what will I wear?” I smiled.

Dan walked over to my wardrobe chucking things everywhere.

“Well I’m wearing my jeans a shirt so nothing too dressy but not too casual either.” He said to no one in particular. “This!”

He lifted out a small summers dress; one I’d never worn before. You couldn’t even tell what colour the background was because of all the little flowers, there was hundreds on it and lots of different colours. It was sleeveless and only went down to just above my knee.

“Are you sure?” I asked raising my eyebrows.

“Positive.” He grinned leaving me to get dressed.

When I was ready I went to wait in Dan’s room until they arrived; he was busy texting Ben so I just lay on the floor lost in my thoughts about tonight until my Mum shouted us.

“They’re here come down.” We both groaned and headed for the stairs; Dan slung his arm around me shoulder and dipped his head down.

“Be brave and remember what I told you.” He whispered.

 The look on the twins face was priceless; it took all of my self-discipline not to roll on the floor laughing.

“Hello, it’s nice to meet you. I’m Maeve.” I smiled reaching my hand out towards Noah.

“Noah.” His voice sounded very confused, so to hide my laughter I grinned.

“What a lovely name, and you are?” I said reaching my hand towards the other twin.

“Nathan.” He sounded just as confused as Noah. I stepped to the side as Dan shook Noah’s hand as hard as he could and said.

“Daniel, it’s great to meet you.” He smiled knowingly at him. For Nathan he said the same but didn’t squeeze his hand quite as hard. My mother ushered them to the table then I greeted there younger brothers.

“Lewis, it’s good to meet you.” The younger one said to me and Dan, he looked twelve or thirteen. He seemed utterly unaware of what had happened as did his brother Alfie; so Dan and I were nice to them.

“Dinner’s served.” My Mother called.

I sat across from Noah and Dan sat next to me; we were both smiling like idiots at him.

“So do you like the school so far boys?” My Father asked them.

“Yes, it’s really good.” Alfie replied.

“I like all boys’ schools it means they aren’t causing that much havoc.” They’re Mother said.

“Yes but Mum it’s not an all boys’ school, is it Maeve?” Noah pointedly asked me.

“No, I attend Seeder Grove.” I smiled sweetly at his parents.

“But you’re a girl.” His father said astounded.