Chapter five;

It had been a week since my sleepover with Rory; of course even after my very thorough speech he was still determined to protect me from every single danger. Even though there were no dangers at our school.

Noah was still freaking me out by making snide comments and staring at me a lot. But lately Nathan, his twin, had also been acting weird; but in the complete opposite way. If he seen me across a room or even across the school car park he would run away. No matter what happened he would avoid me and stay away from me; whenever Noah came over to me Nathan would walk the other way.

It was Friday and I had PE again; the lesson where I first met Noah and Nathan. But recently Rory was always there when I came out of my lessons.

This particular PE lesson we were doing 100m sprints on the school field; I loved sprints since I couldn't run very far. Surprisingly I was in the top five in my class, my run was next and I was against Rory, Jamie and Jack. I knew Jamie and Jack weren't very fast but Rory was so the race would really only be between the two of us.

"Next!" The PE teacher shouted.

We all walked up to the line getting into our positions, I smiled at Rory and he replied with a wink. The teacher next to me raised his hand waiting for the teacher at the bottom to raise his. When he did out teacher began to count down; the second he said three his hand would go down. Signalling for us to run and the timer to start.

"One.... Two.... Three!" His hand was thrown down and I broke out into a sprint. For a girl my legs were very strong so I made myself push off making my strides longer. It was neck and neck between Rory and I; I could see him out of the corner of my eye. He was panicking because he knew in the last 20m I could really win, he kept glancing at me the sweat coming off his face.

I passed the 20m line and really pushed off the ground, making myself move further, faster. I was passing Rory easily now and he was falling behind.

I ended up finishing 10m's in front of Rory and the other two were another 10m's behind.

"What was my time?" I panted jogging over to the teacher.

"11:58, you're best yet Tablott." Mr Goody said. "Your Dad will be happy." Ever since he knew I was the head teacher's daughter Noah's father thought it was a good idea to mention my family every time he saw me.

"Thanks." I was ecstatic I had beaten my best it always made me feel like I was worth something.

"What was ours?" Jamie asked.

"Sadler 12.31." Rory smiled evidently proud of himself. "Escott you got 13.56" Jamie was really happy with this since it was by far his best. "Notman 14.09." Jack smiled but obviously hated he was the slowest. "You all beat your times but you still got beat by a girl."

"Sexist comment there sir." I grinned maybe a little too cheekily.

"Yes I know Tablott." Raising his voice as he addressed the whole class. "Right to the changing room lads and Tablott!"

I quickly got changed because my stomach was hurting and I could hear the boys shouting from their changing room. I took a breather outside but ran back in when I saw Noah coming around the corner; no way could I have another meeting with him after PE.

"Ready to go?" Rory smiled taking me by surprise.

"Uh-huh."

"What's up?" he questioned.

"Nothin'" I mumbled.

"Yes there is, come on tell me."

"I just saw Noah that's all. Oh and don't start giving me a speech because I'll happily commit homicide right here, right now." I sighed, picking up my bag and walking outside. It was lunch so I decided to take the scenic route around the building. I could faintly hear Rory running behind me to catch up to me.