Escaping our Fate(chapter 1)

Abigail's P.O.V

"I'll be back soon. I promise I won't get into any trouble." I shouted across the house. I slammed the door behind me and raced out. I walked through the town gradually making my way to the farmer's house. I swerved in and out of buildings and every once in a while I would drag my foot causing dust to float in the air. Finally, I got to where the potatoes and bread my dad asked for were. I grabbed a handful of each item and thanked the man. He smiled back at me and waved me off. I started going back home when I saw the wall surrounding our town shatter. The town of Trost will soon be destroyed by the titans who have invaded. The millions of big and small fragments of rocks which protected us for years flew through the sky. I raced to where my house was only to find my father held in the tight grasp of the 9m class titan. I couldn't move a muscle. I just stood there paralyzed in fear. I stared at him as he was struggling with the tight grasp of the titan, who was drooling and ready to devour my father at any second.

"RUN AWAY ABIGAIL! GO ALREADY! LIVE YOUR LIFE ABBY!" My father shouted. His lower body was devoured by the giant titan as he finished his sentence. The world seemed to go in slow motion as the teeth of the enormous titan came down upon my father, the one who has been there for me through all the good and bad and has saved me from destruction. The one who has taught me compassion does exist in this cruel world. All of that new found faith though was just crushed along with my father's body. Blood splattered everywhere and his blood trickled down the chin of the titan. The titan grinned and was ready for more. I saw the light leave my father's eyes and I knew he was gone. My father's words echoed in my head. I had to live on. I will live. Even though I wanted to collapse right then and there I knew I had to live on for his sake and mine. I spun around and ran as fast as my legs could carry me. As I ran images of the remaining bits of anyone who ever cared about me was devoured, destroyed, never to be seen again, flashed through my head. I raced through town trying to get out and avoid more titans when I ran into yet another titan. This one bigger, a 15m class. I stumbled backwards and scrambled trying to grab at the air before me as I tried to escape my horrible fate. I soon regained my footing and began to run away.

No, no, this can't be happening. The world can't be this cruel. I won't even want to live anymore if I'm surrounded by anymore death. No, I have to live. For my father's sake I can't die. I don' t want to die yet.

In less than 10 seconds the giant titan had his hands wrapped around my body in it's iron tight grip. I squirmed in useless attempt to free myself. Then, as if god sent me a guardian angel, a man with raven black hair and the green scouting legion cape came and swiftly cut at the nape of the titans neck and flew to the next titan. I fell down with the titan who caught me and I slammed onto the hard ground and a loud snapping noise filled the air around me. I looked down to find my leg twisted underneath me, rendered useless. I tried shifting my weight to stand up, when a searing pain bolted through my leg and I fell back down.

"Aaarghhhh.....aaaah.........please...aargh..help!" I shouted. I couldn't move. This was it. I was going to die here. I was trembling with fear. I didn't want to be titan bait. All I wanted was a peaceful life. Why did these wretched creatures come into existance. Such frightening and emotionless creatures should not exist. Why??? All of a sudden a huge titan foot covered my skies and any hope I had left. I closed my eyes and prepared myself for my death. The next thing I knew I was flying through the air on someones 3DMG. The familiar green everybody could recongnize was whipping behind my savior. She was female and she looked really kind.

"Hello, my name's Petra, Petra Ral. Hey, um, are you okay?" The female named Petra asked.

"Uhh... I think so." I stuttered. She was really pretty. She had light ginger hair and amber eyes which were full of concern. She was pretty short. I was taller than her. She flew me up to the top of Wall Rose and put me down. I fell from her grasp as she landed safely on the wall. More intense pain shot through my leg as I tried to remain standing to not worry her more. I couldn't take it anymore. I gasped and fell to the ground holding my leg in pain.

"Hey! Hang in there! Hey c'omon stay with me." Petra exclaimed. She looked so concerned and she didn't even know my name. I looked at her again and I let the corner of my mouth twitch into a small smile. It felt as if my hope in the world was revived for a while. That was the last thing I saw before I blacked out.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Levi's P.O.V

"That annoying brat Eren finally finished his job," I mumbled under my breath and I flew in and landed next to my Lieutenant, Petra. "Hey Petra, what are you doing?"

"L-Levi Heichou"Petra stuttered,"This girl was almost crushed when Eren turned into a titan. She couldn't move because I believe she broke her leg. Please Levi can she stay at headquarters to heal. Maybe she would even join the Survey Corps." I looked at the girl Petra was pleading to help laying on the ground. What a weakling. She would never join the Scouting Corps.I looked back up at Petra's face. I clenched my jaw and decided my answer.

"Sure. She can stay until she wakes up. Then she either decides to join the Survey Corps and gets the rest of her treatment and food, or she can leave to be on her own in the streets with a broken leg." I smirked and began to walk away when Petra stopped me.

"Heichou, that isn't very fair. She doesn't really have a choice. Everyone is allowed the choice of joining or not."

"Petra, it is very fair. Not only will we benefit from the extra soldiers but she will benefit from getting friends, treatment, and food. Anyways do you think I had a choice in joining?" She was taken aback by my last comment. She seemed that she was completely mortified with her comment.

"Im so sorry heichou, I didn't realize.."

"It doesn't matter. Just drop the subject. I already said she can stay for a while."I turned on my heel and walked away.

◇◇◇

By the time I got to headquarters Petra had already got there and had was looking at the girl from before. The girl was now awake and chatting with Petra. Her bright green eyes showed how broken she was, but she was pretending to be fine for Petra's sake. She could tell that Petra was one of those people who worried way too much. Her brown hair fell down to the small of her back. The longer I looked at the little brat the more I realized how pretty she really was. No, what am I thinking! I guess I have to break the news now.

"Hey brat!" I shouted over the petty chatter. The brunnette snapped to attention. Her green eyes almost seemed to widen as she saw me. I can't wait to see her reaction when she sees what I'm really like.

"Thank you, thank you so much for saving me from that titan. I was so scared. Thank you so much." The brunnette twittered. Unggh, complete weakling. Completely blowing off her thank yous I explained each of her choices she had.

"You get two choices brat. You can either join the Survey Corps and recieve food, water, shelter, healing, and maybe even get some friends. Or you can not join the Survey Corps and get left alone on the streets with no healing all alone."I stated calmly and stared at her. Her mouth hung open and her eyes widened. She looked defeated even more than she already was. I couldn't believe it. She looked so broken. I almost changed my offer, but I knew I couldn't do that. I would completely ruin my reputation. "I'll give you a day to decide, and that's being generous. Goodbye brat." I turned on my heel and walked out of the room. I decided to stop and listen though to see what the little brat's reaction would be.

"Can you believe him? Who is he anyway? What kind of choice is that though? Seriously, how am I supposed to make a choice like that? I can't see another titan. I JUST CANT!"

"That is my superior, Lance Corporal Levi. I'm really sorry, I begged him to let me take you to headquarters to be healed even though he really doesn't like to do that. So he said I could if you answered this question. I'm really sorry Abigail."Petra apologized repeatedly.

I guess the girl's name is Abigail.

"It's fine Petra, I guess I'll have to make a decision. There is no way I'm getting out of this."