Chapter 1

2011

"Georgie Sophia Tapper." There goes my sister. Don't cry Porter, just don't cry. Grandma don't look at me. There she is. She looks beautiful. And here come the water works.

Today is the day my sister graduates from high school. And in just a few weeks, I'm going into high school. I'm finally moving up in life, high school is going to be the greatest ever.

"Porter, we are going out to find your sister. Let's go." My mom says as she gets out of her seat. She was crying too. Her daughter had just graduated high school. She spent Georgie's entire senior year yelling at her about scholarships and applying to colleges.

In the great state of New York, you have to be extremely smart to even make it in middle school, let alone high school. So you can imagine the stress of applying everywhere and praying you get in. The cool thing about my sister though, is that she knew exactly what she wanted to be the moment she came out of the womb. She wanted to become an event planner. Like planning huge weddings for people like Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult. I'm only saying him considering they are together. Anyways, Georgie got into NYU and all the other colleges that she applied to, but she chose NYU. We move her in in June I think.

"I'm coming." I tell my mom as I take a tissue and wipe my face. "Come on sweet heart." My dad says holding his arm out. I go up to him and he puts his arm around me.

We go outside of the building where Georgie's graduation was held and look for her there. There were so many caps and gowns we couldn't tell who was who. Finally we saw a familiar face, but it wasn't Georgie. It was actually her boyfriend, Dave. They've been dating since Georgie's junior year. He's not the brightest guy considering he was suppose to graduate in the class of 2010, but he's going into the military so I guess that's pretty cool.

He's six feet tall according to my sister and he was curly brown hair and brown eyes. He has an attractive face, I'll say that.

"Dave, have you seen Georgie?" My mom asks.

"No, not since she got on the stage to receive her diploma."

"Don't worry, don't worry, I'm right here!" Georgie says appearing out of no where. "Look at you, Porter, you look so beautiful. I love your dress." I was wearing a blue dress with white and pink flowers on it. She went shopping with me for the dress so I could wear it especially to her graduation. She also convinced me not to dye my hair a different color before going into high school. She said our families notorious red hair worked for her all four years of high school and that it will work for me too.

"Georgie, I'm so proud of you." I tell her. She smiles and hugs me. "Thanks sis, I'm just happy it's over. But I'm starving, how about we go get some lunch and celebrate!"

We all climbed into my dads car and went to my sisters favorite restaurant, Olive Garden. It was me, my sister, mom, dad, and grandma. "Do you want to see my year book?" Georgie whispers to me as the adults begin to talk about things like college.

"Wouldn't you much rather join in the conversation of you going off to college in like two months?" I joke.

"Oh of course." She smiles and pulls out her year book. ALBANY HIGH SCHOOL was written in lights by skyscrapers that were on the front of the year book. AHS always did a good job at year book designs. She opened up to the senior portraits and I looked at hers.

"You look so beautiful." I tell her. She smiles.

"You should start scoping out some of the freshman from this year." She nudged me and winked."I think I'll be okay." I laugh.

"Too late." She says and opens up to the underclassmen photos. She points out a few freshman she thinks I would possibly like. They were good looking, and I had recognized some of them who went to my middle school, but none stuck out.