Chapter 10

The trip to the Hidden Leaf didn't take as long as the trip away from it. Kakashi kept his distance from me the trip back, but I didn't notice much. I was thinking about what would happen to me when I got there. As we get near the gate, Kakashi stops me.

  "I trust you," he tells me, taking my hand in his. I smile up at him nervously. "Don't worry. I won't let them hurt you," he says, pulling down his mask and kissing me softly. My cheeks redden and I brush my fingers across his face,

  "Thank you for believing me," I tell him, his face still inches from mine. 

  "Are you ready?" he asks, pulling his mask back up. I nod even though I have butterflies in my stomach and its not from being with Kakashi. We walk together to the gate. Ninja are scattered everywhere in front of the entrance, blocking our path.

  They surround us, giving me mean looks and glaring at me. Kakashi puts his arms around me and then he pulls me close to him protectively. The other ninja stop what they are doing to look at Kakashi confusedly. Suddenly there is a commotion in the back of the group and everyone starts rushing out of the way as Lady Tsunade walks up to us. Kakashi moves me behind him, away from her gaze.

  "What's the meaning of this, Kakashi?" Tsunade asks, glaring at him.

  "What's the meaning of what, Lady Tsunade?" Kakashi asks her. The ninja around us start to come closer to us and I get as close to Kakashi as I can. He takes my hand and grips it tightly.

  "Why are you protecting that traitor?" she questions quizically. 

  "I don't think she's done anything wrong," he tells her. The other ninja keep closing in around us and Kakashi decides that it is safer for me to be in front of him instead of behind him. He pulls me around and keeps hold of my hand. 

  "I keep wondering what makes you think you can trust her so much. I'm afraid love might be clouding your thoughts Kakashi. We have evidence. What do you have?" she asks.

  "She saved my life by fighting Itachi Uchiha. Then she healed me after I was injured. I don't think that that is the act of a traitor, do you?" he says. 

  "I think this has gone far enough," a voice says in the crowd. I turn to see a man with white hair pushing his way though the crowd. I know the man.

  "Jiraiya!" I cry, waving at him.

  Tsunade looks back and forth between us. "Do you know this girl?" she asks him. 

  "Of course I do! She is the child of a very close friend," he says as he walks up to me and Kakashi."So," he say as he turns to Tsunade. "Who gave you this "evidence"?"

  "We got it from a couple of young men from the Land of Water," she mumbled.

  "What did they look like?" I hurriedly ask.

  "One of them had dark brown hair and green eyes, almost like a cat's. He also had a scar over his left eye. The other one had black hair with blue eyes," she tells me wearily.

  My eyes grow wide. "Those two are the ones that were after me when I first ran into Kakashi!" I yell, hatred for the two filling my voice. Kakashi moves his hand up to my shoulder and squeezes tightly, reminding me that I should calm down.

  "Do you know who they are?" Jiraiya asks me, eyeing me and Kakashi curiously. 

  "They are two cowards from my village. They betrayed us and and took over the village. When I ran away, they came after me," I say, trying to keep my eyes from changing color and controlling my chakra.

  "Why didn't you ask us for help when you came here?" Kakashi turned me around to face him.

  "I knew the Leaf Village was short on ninja and I didn't want to get everyone involved. I thought that maybe they wouldn't find me here," I look into his eyes and the relization of what I had done hits me. Tears start to collect in the corner of my eyes. "I'm a coward too.. If I just would have stayed to help the-"

  "Don't ever say your a coward! A coward wouldn't have saved my life or put up with Hideki's crap for as long as you did!" Kakashi cuts me off, pulling me into a hug. I wipe my tears on his vest and snuggle into him.

  Tsunade turns to the ninja surrounding us. "You may disperse. There is no need to be suspicious of this girl," she tells them. They all disappear back into the village, leaving Tsunade, Jiraiya, Kakashi, and me alone.

  Jiraiya turns to me and Kakashi. "So, what's going on with you two?" he asks, his voice giving away what he already suspects. Instead of answering, Kakashi pulls down his mask and grins at me. I smile sheepishly and then look over at Jiraiya. 

  "Does this give you any hints?" I ask as I lean in for a kiss. Kakashi's lips meet mine. After a while of losing ourselves, we hear Tsunade clear her throat. Kakashi pulls away first, leaving me gasping for breath. He's blushing and grinning like a baka (idiot).

  "Seems like you finally found yourself a good man here, Misaki," Jiraiya says, smiling at us.

  Tsunade looks like she is ready to kill us all. "Can we save this for later?" she says in a low growl. 

  My face turns serious. "I suppose we do have more serious matters to attend to," I tell her.

  "Yes. We need to figure out what those rouge nin really want. Misaki.. Do you have any special jutsu or anything like that?" she asks me.

  I think about it. "Well... I can use every elemental type of jutsu. Except for the kekkei genkai. I can't do any of those," I tell them. 

  Everyone looks at me funny. Even Jiraiya.

  "That's very rare," Tsunade tells me.

  "Oh yeah! I also can't control my chakra sometimes. It goes out of control and its like i can't control what happens to my body. My chakra cloaks my body. But it only happens when I get mad," I continue.

  Everyone turns to each other with a nervous look on their face. 

  "Jiraiya. Does this girl have one of the tailed demons inside of her?" Tsunade asks Jiraiya.

  "It does sound like it, but if she does, I don't know about it," he tells her. 

  "Do you mean to say I am a Jinchuriki?" I ask them.

  "You know what a Jinchuriki is?" Kakashi asks me. 

  "Yes. Naruto is one right? And if my instincts are right, he is the nine-tailed fox," I say matter of factly.

  "How did you know that?" Tsunade asks. 

  "I can feel it. I don't know how or why, but I can sense it," I say, the butterflies coming back, making me nervous.

  "This isn't good. That means that more than likely the Akatsuki are after her," Tsunade sighs.

  "The only one I've ever met is Itachi Uchiha, but he always let me go. He kept saying I wasn't strong enough," I say, a small shiver traveling down my back.

  "We can never be to careful. You are to stay inside the gates at all times. And stay near a higher up ninja. I would suggest Kakashi. Or Jiraiya if he stays here for a while," Tsunade gives her orders to me. I nod, sensing something dangerous looming in the near future.