Chapter 8

I finally had to resort to carrying Hideki. His weight slowed me down, but not enough for Itachi to catch up with us. I finally stop to catch my breath at a small village. We are lucky to have ran into this place. I wait on Kakashi to catch up, worried that he his injured. 

  I lower Hideki to the ground, moving his hands away from my chest. Even in the face of danger, he still harassed me by grabbing my boobs while I was carrying him. I glare at him, but only for a moment because Kakashi finally stops in front of me and falls to the ground trying to catch his breath. I kneel down next to him, pulling his hands away from his throat. His mask is ripped in places on his neck, showing purple and black marks where Itachi held him. I gently touch his neck, but he flinches away.

  "Hold still!" I growl, holding his face in my hands and gently tugging his head towards me. I examine his neck, feeling to make sure nothing has caved in to keep him from breathing. "We need to get you to an inn so I can treat your injuries," I tell him, helping him to stand up.

  "What about me!! I need to get to the Land of Water!" Hideki complains. I turn on him, my eyes turning pitch black.

  "What about you?! I will not leave one of my fellow ninja's to die just because you need to go somewhere!! I have let you touch me and haven't said a word just so we could get through with this mission!" I hiss, my purple chakra pulsing around me. His eyes grow big in fear. "But you know what?!" I yell, taking a step towards him. "I'm not gonna let you treat me like that anymore. I'm tired of it. Understand?" I growl at him.

  He whimpers and quickly nods. My chakra disappears and my eyes return to normal. I turn back to Kakashi and put my arm around his shoulders, supporting him as we walk to the inn. Hideki runs in front of us and quickly opens the door, letting us quickly through. The lady behind the counter glances up. Her eyes grow wide and she runs over to us. 

  "Right this way," she orders, leading us to a room with two beds. I help Kakashi onto the one closest to the door. I sit down by him, take the bag he managed to pick up before running, sit it down beside me, and pull his head into my lap.

  I look up and notice the lady from the desk and Hideki are staring at me. "Can you please leave?" I ask them. They walk out the door without a word. "Hold still, okay?" I tell Kakashi, pulling off his headband. He lets out a small sigh that I take as an okay. I do a few hand signs and yell, "Medical Art: Diagnosis Pulse!" I sit my hands on his neck and close my eyes, sending my chakra into his body so I can see what the injuries are in his neck.

  Nothing to severe so I can heal most of it. I make a few more hands signs and say, "Medical Art: Mystical Healing Palms." My hands glow green from chakra and I place them on his neck, healing the bruises and making them disappear. I pull my hands away and check to make sure I missed nothing. I take the canteen from his bag and open it. I pull down his mask and hold the canteen up to his lips. He drinks half of it before I pull it away, closing it and putting it back in the bag. 

  "So you're also a medical nin?" He croaks. I nod, absent mindedly playing with his hair. He stays quiet for a while, probably pondering on what other skills I have mastered. My legs grow numb. I gently pick up his head and move it onto a pillow. I go to stand up, but he grabs my hand and pulls me back down beside him. I stare into his eyes, questioning him with mine. 

  He slowly nods. I lay down beside him and fall asleep quickly with his arms around me.