Chapter 4

I awaken to see sunshine peaking in through the window. I look around, and find that I am in Kakashi's room again. He is sleeping on the floor beside the bed in a wad of covers and pillows. I look down at my hands and see bandages. Kakashi must have bandaged them up.

  I yawn quietly and sit up. I drape my legs over the side of the bed and try putting weight on my right foot. It holds, so I stand up and slowly walk into his bathroom. There is a small green tunic with light green leggings laying on the counter with a note on the top of them.

  'A change of cloths. I know you need them', it says. I look in the mirror. I really do need them. My tunic is all ripped up and my leggings have small holes in them. I also notice that my hair is a mess and I have dirt all over my face. I can't believe I went out like this yesterday.

  I glance outside the room to make sure Kakashi is still sleeping and then close the door. I turn on the water to the shower. I get undressed while I wait for the water to get warm and throw my cloths and bandages in the waist basket. I quietly climb in. I groan as the steaming hot water runs over the sore muscles I didn't know I had.

  When I am finally convinced that I am clean, I turn the shower off and quietly climb out, grabbing a towel off of the towel wrack. I quickly dry off, and just as I get finish getting dressed, the door opens. Kakashi stares at me, his hair all messy. His headband is missing and his mask has fallen down, revealing the rest of his face.

  I slowly walk over to him and touch the scar going down over his left eye. He looks at me, confused for a moment, then he notices what I am doing. He slowly backs up and walks back into his room, grabbing his headband off the floor. He puts it back on and fixes his mask.

  We stand there for a moment, staring at each other. "I should probably go and see what our next mission is. Do you want to come with me?" he asks, breaking the silence. I nod, my cheeks growing warm. He opens the door and I follow him into the busy streets of Konoha.