Chapter 15- Snoop

Robyn pushed open the heavy door to the Ravenclaw common room, and headed out, alone, her transfiguration textbook clutched under her arm. Her red hair was pulled back into two long braids that reached the middle of her back. Her thin grey glasses were pinned on the edge of her nose. He raced down the spiral staircase, stopping on the second floor, and walking down the hallway, on her way to the library.

It was a Sunday afternoon, the ground outside was coated with snow; it was starting to look like Christmas time, even thought that was a month away. Students milled around the hallways, but Robyn voided all of their gases, slipping through the crowd quickly, nearly invisible. She quickly pushed open the door to the library, and stepped inside.

He librarian smiled at her. She had gotten to know Robyn rather well, she spent a lot of time reading and doing homework in the library. She liked it here better than in her common room. Robyn wove her way through the shelves, having memorized the sections of the library; she found what she was looking for quickly.

She slipped down into the transfiguration section, searching through the shelves until she found what she was looking for. Pulling out a small book about animagus, she sat down at the nearest table and started on her transfiguration questions.

But that’s hard, when there’s a ridiculous amount of giggling from the table across from you. Robyn looked up, glaring over the tops of her glasses, to see the culprits. Of course. Ruby and her little sidekick –what was her name? - laughing their heads off over some hilarious tale Ruby was weaving.

“I swear, Noah’s a complete putz when it comes to DADA. I mean, the whole table lit on fire! Professor Robinson was freaking out…” Ruby said through her giggles. “You should have been there Jade… why you’d have to miss that day?” she says, sighing. Jade that was it. Robyn rolled her eyes, but said nothing, turning back to face her book, hoping to finish her questions as soon as possible and get out.

She was just wrapping up her final question when she realized the girls’ voices had dropped to a near whisper. Ruby was leaning close to Jade ear, and was whispering furiously, a worried expression on her face. Robyn felt her curiosity spike.

Subtly, she slung her bag over her shoulder and walked behind the book case, so that she was directly behind Jade and Ruby, out of their sight, blocked by books. She peered between two thick volumes, her ears straining to hear the whispered conversation.

I don’t know Jade...” Ruby was whispering, a worried look on her face. “That juts sounds like a bad idea.” Robyn smiled. Something bad? Maybe she could lose Hufflepuff some points… She watched Jade roll her eyes.

“Seriously Ruby! I feel bad having you go out there all alone. It’s not like you’re going to hurt me, and who’s going to find out?” She said persuasively. Robyn held back a laugh.

“It’s tomorrow Jade; we don’t have time to prepare or anything. And I don’t want you to get caught by a teacher! You could get in serious trouble. You’re not supposed to be outside that night!” Robyn furrowed her eyebrows. Why would Jade and Ruby be going outside at night? Wasn’t that forbidden for students? Ruby was still talking.

“Besides, there are other things in the forest that could hurt you. I just don’t want anything bad to happen!” The forest? Now Robyn really was confused. The forbidden forest was strictly off limits for students. Why would Ruby be sneaking out there tomorrow night? What was she up to?

“if you’re sure..” Jade said, giving in. “but I just don’t want you to be lonely.” She said, looking at Ruby, her eyes wide. Ruby rolled her eyes, and grinned at her friend.

“Listen, I’ve done this before. It’s actually kind of fun. Don’t worry about me.” Ruby said confidently. Robyn had to stop herself from gasping. Ruby had been outside before? Oh, she could get her in so much trouble! No way Hufflepuff could win the house cup if they a couple hundred points! Robyn grinned, a plan already forming in her mind.

She stayed behind the bookshelf, thinking, until Ruby and Jade had left the library, unaware that their conversation had been overheard. Robyn sat in the library or for several minute, thinking it over. What was she going to do about this? She needed to figure out what they were doing. Clearly it was against the rules. The easy solution would probably to just go tell a teacher right now. But who would believe her? She was the bad kid, and Ruby was some angel sent from heaven or something. Besides, she didn’t have any proof.

She would have proof if she followed them into the forest though… and she was curious anyway. The teachers might not even let her come if she told! She could do this. She was good enough. It would be easy, and hopefully, it would bring Hufflepuff down in the standings. They were almost caught up to Gryffindor.

Robyn jumped up, a plan already forming in her head. She’d have to be out early, of course, she didn’t want to miss Ruby. They didn’t have class tomorrow, so she had lots of time to wait. And she’d need some way to hide herself… she wasn’t sure if she was sneaky enough to follow Ruby without getting caught. But she didn’t have time for anything detailed.

Robyn mulled over possible spells and charms ion her way back to the Ravenclaw common room. She walked impatiently, up the spiral staircase, her legs burning. It was almost halfway through the year, and she still wasn’t used to climbing all these stairs. She hated that the Ravenclaw common room had to be at the top of a tower.

She knocked impatiently on the big knocker, and the annoying voice sprang up and asked, “How man y bricks does it take to complete a house?” it asked her. Robyn rolled her eyes, the answer falling naturally to her lips.

“Only one,” she said with a smile.

“Correct!” it chirped, and the door swung open.

Robyn loved the Ravenclaw common room. It was circular, and very open and airy. There were large arched windows, and it gave a stunning view of the sunset, and mountains. Grey silks hung from the walls, the ceiling was a dome, and painted with tiny delicate stars. There were large tables and bookcases, with students milling around, doing their homework and studying. On one wall was a statue or the renowned Rowena Ravenclaw, the founder of Robyn’s fantastic house. She smiled as she walked in, the sights familiar and comforting to her.

She walked over to a table where her two friends, Basil and Deven were sitting, studying their transfiguration homework. She walked over and smiled at the two boys, sitting down next to them.

“whatcha working on?” she asked them with a  smile. Basil looked up at her, frustrated.

“Transfiguration. This doesn’t make any sense!” he said, looking desperate. Deven rolled his eyes at her.

“Only because you weren’t paying attention in class.” He said with a smirk. Robyn was quickly learning that just because they were in Ravenclaw and supposedly intelligent, that didn’t mean that they were good listeners.

“I can help you study tomorrow, if you want,” she offered him, “I’ve finished it already.” She said with a small, self-satisfied smile.

“Seriously?” said Basil with a thankful expression. “But I’m busy for most of the day, I’m meeting with a couple of the teachers, apparently I’m not allowed to pull spells in the hallways, but could you help me in the evening?” he asked her hopefully. Robyn gave him small, sad smile.

“I’m busy that evening,” she said, her plan in place, “get Deven to help you, I’m off to bed.” She waved goodbye, and walked towards her dormitory.

“Hey!” called Deven as she walked away. She stopped, and turned to face him. “Don’t do anything stupid, okay?” he said suspiciously. Robyn almost laughed. He knew her too well already.

“don’t’ worry,” she told him with an innocent smile, “I’m not the one doing anything stupid.” The she whipped around, and flounced off to bed, already excited for the next day.

------------------------------------------

Hey!

So, I hope that you liked the chapter, sorry for the wait. I was too lazy and tried to edit, so sorry for any mistakes. Please comment, vote, and fan! No one’s been commenting. L So dedications for those who do! <3 love you guys, hope you liked this chapter; another one’s coming in a few days.

-purplecat