lany // j.c.

this one kinda goes everywhere tbh

-

I woke up, bullets of sweat dripping down my face. The only audible sound being the thumping of my heart in my chest. The feeling of my pulse above my throat as i struggled to breathe in air. The lump in my chest bursted as i let out tears caused by the recurring nightmare i just faced.

"Babe?" I heard the tired voice next to me say. Shit. Jc. "What happened, are you okay?"

I wiped my tears quickly before he turned on the bedside lamp. "I-i'm fine, hun, go back to sleep.." He sat up and pulled me into a side hug.

"Obviously your not. Are you gonna tell me what it's about this time?" I stayed silent. "Get up."

I got up, knowing exactly what we were doing and followed him into our car.

Driving. A coping mechanism that always makes me feel relaxed. Especially when it's with my boyfriend. Playing Lany at max volume, windows down. for hours. Relaxing.

Don't be mean if you wanna go

You can leave and leave my heart alone

The words to the song sang as Jc and I sang along loudly as we drove through LA. We drove for hours before deciding to drive into in empty parking lot. taking break and turning the music down. We sat in silence.

"I love you." He said randomly.

"I love me, too." I said with a grin. He chuckled. "But in all seriousness, I love you, too, teddy bear."

He looked towards the window, smiling widely at the nickname i gave him. "Don't call me that.."

"Why, you seem to be enjoying it." I chuckled.

He looked to me. "This stays between you and I." I laughed and nodded."

"Okay, teddy bear."