Chapter 9

MIKE'S POV

"GET THE FUCK OFF MY DAUGHTER!" I screamed at the man who was straddling Ceneedra. He turned around to look at me and I saw he was holding a knife. My eyes widened. A whole bunch of horrible thoughts ran through my mind. Had he killed her? Was I too late? Then Ceneedra's foot twitched and I heard her whimper. I let out a sigh of relief.
"Nah, I don't think I will." The man smirked at me.
I charged at him and pulled him off Cen. I ripped the knife out of his hand before punching him repeatedly in the face.
I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Jaime standing there supporting Ceneedra.
"That's enough, Mike, let's go." He told me. I nodded before following the two of them out of the alley way.
Jaime gently sat Ceneedra down in front of a building.
"I'm sorry, Daddy," she whimpered. "I shouldn't have snuck out, I'm so sorry."
"It's ok bub," I said as I hugged her gently. "I'm just glad we found you in time."
"The cops and an ambulance are on their way." Jaime said.
I nodded. "You want to tell us what happened, Cen?"
She told us what happened from after the party. Tears welled up in my eyes and I had to fight them back. "I'm so sorry," she finished.
Jaime and I pulled her into our arms. I thought about how lucky I was that she was still alive. So many things could've gone wrong. She might've not called Jaime when she did. We might not have found her when we did. "
Soon the police arrived and we sent them down the alley to retrieve the man. They questioned Cen, Jaime and myself and gave me a warning for assault. Then the ambulance arrived and took Cen and me to the hospital. Jaime followed behind in his car. At the hospital, they gave Cen a few stitches in the back of her head and cleaned her up a bit. They wanted to keep her in for the rest of the night because of the knock to her head.
"What made you leave the party?" I asked her.
"I just got bored." Cen replied.
"You sure that's the only reason?" I questioned not quite believing her.
"Yes, Dad, can I please just go to sleep now?"
I nodded before kissing her on the cheek. "Love you, baby girl."
"Love you too, Daddy."
***********************************

CENEEDRA'S POV

I woke up to the obnoxious sound of a phone ringing. I opened my eyes and saw Dad's phone on the bedside table lit up with Uncle Vic's name on it.
"Dad, you gonna answer that?" I said trying to wake him up. It didn't work so I answered it myself.
"Hey, Uncle Vic," I said sleepily.
"Cen! Thank God you're alright!" He exclaimed. "Jaime told me what happened."
"Yeah, I'm fine." I smiled. "I just have a killer headache."
Even though I've had Dad and Uncle Vic the past 8 years, I still haven't got over the fact that people actually care about me. I never thought it would happen, not with what I went through at the orphanage.
"That's good." Uncle Vic said. "Well, not the killer headache, just the fact that you're fine."
I chuckled. "I know what you meant."
"Ok, good," Uncle Vic laughed. "Is your Dad there?"
"Yeah, I'll just try wake him up," I replied. "Dad," I hissed. I grabbed his nose and held it shut. His eyes suddenly flew open.
"What the fuck, Cen," Dad said sleepily.
"Your brother is on the phone." I said holding out the phone.
"Thanks." Dad stood up and walked out of the room.
I could hear Dad mumbling through the closed door. I was so lucky to have a Dad like him. I was so lucky to be brought into his family. I smiled to myself as I closed my eyes and drifted back to sleep.

A/N: I know it's short but it's just kind of a filler because I didn't want to keep you guys hanging off that cliff for to long (; I also needed to show how Ceneedra really feels and stuff so yeaa hope you enjoyed it (: also, I wanted to know if you think I should put Ceneedra with Alex or someone older, someone that Mike would disagree with (like a band member I already know what one) please comment what you think (: 12 comments and 12 votes until i post the next chapter (: much love xx