Milk and Cookies

"You want me to what?" Quentin stared at Markus, who blushed, embarrassed, and scratched his head. 

"Well... I forgot I was supposed to supervise the pups today while they make cookies for Santa, and I scheduled an important meeting that I can't miss."

Quentin put his hands on his hips. "And you want me to play Mom."

Markus growled. "No. You may only play Mom for my pups. You'll just be... watching over them, like a teacher."

Rolling his eyes, Quentin sighed. "I suppose I really have no choice, do I?"

Smiling, Markus grabbed his mate, pulling him into a hug before rushing off after Sean, the pack Beta. When they were gone, Quentin slumped over, his face completely red. "'You can only play Mom for my pups'? Oh, God. Does he really plan to..."

Blushing harder, Quentin shook his head. He knew Werewolf mates of the same gender could have children, but that's just it; Quentin wasn't a Werewolf. And he was sure he'd never heard of same-sex Vampire couples havig children. Of course, the only same-sex Vampire couple he knew was Alvah and Wynn. Most Vampires were too stuck up and traditional to even think about dating the same gender. 

Glancing at his stomach, Quentin picked at his sweater before a flood of pups came bounding in, followed by two adults. The adults bowed their heads. "Luna."

Turning, the adults forced the pups to do the same. Quentin shook his head. "Just... Just call me Quentin. Now, let's get started?"

A cheer rose up from the kids, and they rushed to the kitchen, grabbing all sorts of things. Quentin tried to help, but he couldn't follow their excitement, and stood off to the side with the two adults. "They're always like that." One said. Quentin thought his name was Cole.

"Yeah, they do all the baking themselves, and the decorating, so we just stay here until they need to use the ovens." Agreed the other, Jackson.

"The only adult who really gets in there and bakes with them is Alpha Markus. He loves baking with the pups. He always talks about having his own someday." Cole chuckled.

Again, the embarrassed and uneasy feeling twisted in Quentin's stomach, but he ignored it. The kids soon had everything they needed, and were busy rolling and mixing dough to make the cookies. While they worked, they all joined in singing off-key Christmas carols.

The older pups took charge for the most part, telling everyone else how to make the dough, mix it, and roll it. The table was filled with cookie cutters, flour, and many other decorating tools as the pups laughed and sung, making hundreds of cookies.

When they'd finished what they called the 'first batch,' Quentin, Cole, and Jackson set to work, putting all the dough on trays (but not before each pup put his or her name on their cookies) and putting them in the oven.

While they waited, the pups got to work on a second batch. Quentin frowned. "What do they do with all these cookies?"

"Well," Jackson explained. "They each give Santa one or two, then the rest of the pack eats the rest. Sometimes, the pups demand we take cookies to other packs. In fact, we take them around to a few other packs so they can hand deliver the cookies. The packs love seeing the kids every year."

A small tug on his sweater made Quentin look down at a small pup as she watched him curiously. "Come help." She said simply.

Quentin looked helplessly at Jackson and Cole, but they pretended to be in a deep conversation with each other, allowing the small pup to march off with Quentin. She sat him down in a chair at the long, large table, before getting into the seat next to him.

She handed him a ball of dough before grabbing one for herself, rolling it out flat. Quentin sat for a moment, shocked, then slowly began to mimic the girl. When her dough was flattened, the girl began to cut various shapes into it. When Quentin didn't move, she handed him a knife. "Decorate." She urged. The girl didn't move until Quentin sighed and began cutting the dough into shapes.

Quentin was a little lost about what to cut the dough into, so he did what first came to mind; a wolf. He made ab outline of it before actually cutting. When he'd finished his wolf cookie, the girl turned and stared in awe. "Pretty!" She looked up at him, her eyes filled with excitement. "Another!"

She put her head on her hands, waiting for Quentin to cut another cookie. "A wolf?" He asked her.

She shook her head. "... A horse!"

Nodding, Quentin set to work. "What's your name?" He asked the girl.

"Annabelle." She said, not looking away from his dough. He cut the horse outline out, putting the horse cookie in front of Annabelle. She smiled. "Yay!"

Blushing, Quentin looked away. He'd taken up art as a hobby a couple hundred years ago, and though he no longer painted, he still did the occasional sketch or doodle.

The second batch of cookies - with Quentin's included - went into the oven as the first batch was set out to cool. While they waited this time, the pups had sheets of paper, and were scribbling away with crayons, pens, pencils, and markers.

Annabelle wrote quickly with a bright purple marker. "What are you doing?" Quentin glanced at her paper, but she hid it with her hand.

"Letter to Santa!"

Before Quentin could reply, the oven beeped, and he stood to help Jackson and Cole pull them out. He quickly spotted his two cookies, and pulled them out, placing them on a separate tray. He wanted the pups' cookies to be given to Santa. He could eat these now.

When he sat down with the plate, Annabelle quickly eyed the horse cookie, and Quentin chuckled before handing it to her. She stuffed it in her mouth quickly, giving Quentin a grin and returning to her letter.

"Wow! Look at all these cookies! Great job, guys!"

Quentin turned to see Markus grinning at the pups. The pups cheered then quickly went back to their letters. Markus walked over to Quentin. "Thanks for watching them."

"No problem."

Markus raised a brow at the cookie in front of Quentin. "I see you had fun?" He looked down, biting his lip. "I don't suppose I... Could have the cookie?"

Rolling his eyes, Quentin handed it to Markus, who smiled at the shape before taking a bite. "Delicious!"

Blushing, Quentin looked down. When Markus was done, he pulled Quentin close. "You should help make the cookies every year."

"Why?"

"So I can eat them!" Markus exclaimed.

Laughing, Quentin glanced at Annabelle. "Maybe I will."