New Friends and New Secrets

Helllllooo :) thanks for reading :) xx

*************************************Chapter 5

*ELLA'S POV*

I left work and decided I had enough time to nip home and get changed. I quickly scurried home and ran to my bedroom. I took off my new black dress and kicked my heels off, nearly knocking myself out. I decided to go for something casual, but warm of course, due to the snow outside.

I decided on an oversized light pink jumper, with leggings and my Uggs. I looked in the mirror making sure I was presentable. But decided to put my long hair into a messy bun. I touched up my makeup, grabbed my coat, phone and purse before leaving my apartment.

*GEORGE'S POV*

I arrived at Starbucks just before 5. I had been so excited to see Ella, I didn't know what I was becoming. I sat down at a small table near the window and waited, shuffling my feet and looking on Twitter, and sent a quick text message to Jack, my mate, checking we were still meeting up later on.

As I clicked send, the door opened and I turned my attention to such a beautiful girl. I then recognised her to be Ella once her eyes met mine. Wow... She looked so different in casual clothes. This morning I didn't think she could get any prettier, I was wrong. Again, her confidence seeped through her delicate body, making me wonder how she did what she did when...

"Hello" I was disrupted from my thoughts yet again by Ella today, but I didn't mind. "Hey Ella" I replied with a smile. "So, George you want a coffee...or?"

"Oh no Ella, I'll get them. Sit down." This was more of a command than a question, but I couldn't let her buy me a coffee, that's not a gentleman thing to do. Oh my, what is wrong with me?

I returned to our table to see Ella glaring out of the window, watching the snow delicately fall from the sky. "Here you go" I handed her a hot chocolate and sat myself down opposite her, before taking a sip from my coffee.

"So, Ella, tell me about yourself. Your family, your friends."

"Can I just ask you a question George?"

Concern laced her face and it pained me to see her look at me in this way. "Yea sure, go ahead"

"Why do you care? Why did you want to meet me? I'm just a stranger."

*ELLA'S POV*

When he asked me to tell him all about me, I felt a lump in the back of my throat. I then knew I had to ask... "Why do you care? Why did you want to meet me? I'm just a stranger." George then looked at me, staring into my eyes. I had a feeling he didn't like the colour. My eyes are really light blue that they are almost grey. I don't personally like them yet. Even after 20 years. But my mum always told me that I was special, but I don't know. "Ella, I care because I want to get to know you. To become your friend. Is everything okay?" A single tear left my eye as I looked into George's deep brown eyes. I couldn't stay any more. I had to go home. "I'm.. I'm so...sorry... im just gonna...gonna go. Thank you for the drink." I ran out, with tears pouring down my cheeks. I had never let myself cry in front of a guy. It made me look weak, and that was the last thing I needed right now.

"Ella, wait!" I stopped running, now glad that I decided to wear Uggs and not my heels. I then made my way to the wall of my apartment block, where I slid my back against the harsh brick. "Ella, what's wrong? Please tell me. Ella." George sat beside me and lightly grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at his eyes. With that, he wiped my tears away with his thumbs. "Ella, is everything okay? You can tell me anything. I'm a great best friend!" With that he let out a small giggle. There was that giggle again. He brought me into a hug, where I rested my head in the crook of his neck.

The smell of his cologne intoxicating my nose. "George? Can I trust you? With a really big secret?" I had to ask him. I needed to tell someone, and I would much rather it be George. "Ella, you can tell me anything, okay. I'm here for you. Your new, and only best friend here in London" He flashed a little wink, causing me to chuckle. "I can trust you Ella, so you can trust me. Now come on, let's get you home." George grabbed my hand and pulled me up from the snow covered ground. "Oh great, it looks like I peed myself" I mumbled, making George giggle again, before my cheeks started to blush the same colour as my jumper. "Oh Ella, we are going to get along just fine!"

I looked down at our hands, our fingers still tangled together from when he helped me up. He noticed me blush... yet again... and then I suddenly started to feel dizzy, everything around me becoming a blur. The last thing I remembered was George shouting my name and catching me before I fell into the snow... Then everything was black...

*************************************