Moving Away

*************************************Chapter 2

GRACE'S POV

"Mum!" I snapped my head around to the kitchen doorway, where I saw my daughter, Ella carrying yet another large, cardboard box. "Yes sweetie?"
"I'm going to miss you so much!" With that, Ella dropped the box from her fragile arms and ran over to me, tears breaking through her beautiful eyes. As she wrapped herself around me, it finally hit me that in a few hours my little baby would be leaving for the airport. Leaving just me and Ellie, Ella's sister. Alone... vulnerable. It seemed this weak little girl in my arms was the one person who protected us from them. Filling in her fathers shoes after he... after he left. "I'm going to miss you to honey!" It was then I realised that I was also crying. But I knew I needed to be strong for Ella, so quickly wiped away my tears. "Mum? Will you be okay when I'm... When I'm gone?" That right there broke my heart. Ella knew that she kept me and Ellie strong, but in a few hours would we be seen as an easy target? "Oh sweetie, me and your little sister will be just fine without you. But you have to promise to call me, text me or FaceTime me everyday!" I made sure to emphasise the word 'everyday' as Ella didn't have the best memory, this thought bringing a smile to my face. "Now, you go upstairs and finish packing. I'll be up in a second."

With that, Ella grabbed her little sister by the waist and carried her upstairs to her room, their laughter lighting up the whole house. "We will be okay. I'll make sure if it" I mumbled to myself, more to convince myself than anything else. If things became unbeatable, we could just leave this place. They wouldn't have to know anything!

I then quickly finished washing the large mountain of dishes and slowly made my way to Ella's room. As heading up the spiral staircase, I noticed our family pictures. We looked so happy just under a year ago. I stood, staring at out memories until I was pulled out of my dangerous thoughts by Ella shouting my name. Still shaking from the memories, I made my way to Ella's room, but before entering, I looked at the two most precious things I have ever seen.

Ella and Ellie sat playing together on the light pink rug placed in the middle of this large bedroom. Ella had found a job in Interior Design and picked an apartment just a short walk away from her studio in London. Her passion shone through as soon as you walked into her room. The curtains, the paintings, the wardrobe designs. I admired her designs and I was hoping her sensible, caring nature would rub off on Ellie, but now moving away, that hope was slowly getting further out of my reach.

*4 hours later*

ELLA'S POV

The closer we got to the airport, the faster my pulse rate was becoming. I think my mum caught on as she put her hand on top of mine that was resting on my lap. "Mum?" My mum removed her petite hand from mine and back on to the steering wheel of her newly purchased Mercedes. "Mm" was her simple reply. I slowly turned my head to see if Ellie was asleep. But once my eyes locked on to her, I regretted my decision and felt a tear escape my eye. "If anything goes wrong... you come to London. You come to my apartment and you come as soon as possible. I need you two to stay safe at all costs!" With that, we arrived at the airport...

*************************************