New Life, Old me?

*************************************

*After the plane lands*

ELLA'S POV

As soon as I stepped off that plane, I knew I could start a brand new life, where no one would know me. Ever since my dad just disappeared, I knew I wanted nothing more than to leave.

I slowly made my way towards the exit, taking in my surroundings. The people, the scenery, everything. I couldn't believe that I had the opportunity to start all over again. These thoughts brought a smile to my face. A smile that would permanently stain my lips. A smile that was returned by the taxi drier that was pulling up in front of me. Climbing into the back seat, I recited my new address and within seconds I was on my way.

Stepping out of the taxi, I looked up. What caught my eye was the mesmerising appearance of my new home. I never knew a block of apartments could look so fresh, modern, but here I was. Standing frozen for a few moments, I took in my new scenery. The cold air finally reaching my bones, I took my first step into the modern building.

I placed my key into the door, awaiting what I would find. I took in a deep breath and pushed open the one thing blocking my independence. My grip on my handbag became loose, leaving it lying on the floor next to my feet. The decor, the architecture, it was amazing. Opposite me, a large window let the sunlight seep through, and a balcony caught my eye next. Pushing open the balcony doors, I stood looking over my new home.

*The next morning*

ELLA'S POV

I was suddenly awoken by my alarm. Dragging myself out of bed, I approached my drapes, the calendar above my desk caught my eye. I then realised that today was 1st December. Peeling back my curtains, a small gasp left my lips. Snow. Snow covered the whole landscape around me. All I could do was stand there, watching the small snow flakes pass my balcony. But today was no day for playing in the snow, today was my first day as an Interior Designer, and I had to be at The Studio in an hour. Original name, I know! Turning around, I ripped my eyes away from the beauty before me and ran to my bathroom.

After breakfast, which consisted of a piece of toast and a cup of coffee, I grabbed my coat and slipped on my heels. Today felt like a good day.

On the way to work, I was minding my own business, well actually texting my mum and walking at the same time! This turned out to be a bad idea, as seconds later I felt my body crash into someone's hard chest. Slowly lifting my eyes up to meet the person I basically ran into, I quickly regretted my decision. The beauty of his face. His deep brown eyes...the hair. Oh my, that mop of brown hair may have looked like bed hair, but it seemed to fall into place perfectly. But the scars? How could someone who looks so sweet have so many scars?

Then all of a sudden, a light giggle escaped his lips. A giggle! Not a laugh, like yours and mine...but a childlike giggle. This then made me let out a nervous laugh. "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going!" I spoke with confidence behind my voice, something I'm sure he detected. "It's okay, I'm used to it living in London anyways!" Whilst he spoke, I felt his eyes staring at my face, making, making me slightly uncomfortable.

"Again I'm sorry, but I best be going now." With that, I swerved around the mysterious male and began walking off, but my wrist was quickly grabbed. "Wait! Your new here aren't you?"

"Erm... yea, why?" Again I spoke with confidence, but a hint of nervousness was not what I expected! All I wanted

was to carry on my day and get to work.

"My names George, George Shelley. You are?" Again, the male, I mean George, stared intently into my light blue eyes, trying to read my mind, my emotions. "Im Ella, Ella... Roads." I then realised my speech was becoming slower and I knew I had to get away from George, but then again, I almost felt safe with him near me. No, that can't be right, I just met this guy, I can't think of him like that! "Can I please, erm, can I have your number?" This question took me by surprise. George wanted my number? No way, why? "Yea sure" was all I could manage before handing him my Iphone.

Within seconds of holding out my phone, George grabbed it and quickly traded our numbers. Meanwhile, I stood back and stared at him intently. The way he held his body made him appear to be stronger than he most likely is, and his hair made him look like a vulnerable teenager. But my eyes kept skimming over scars. All over his arms were scars. How did he get them? Oh it doesn't matter anyway, it's not like I'm ever going to see him again!

GEORGE'S POV

I was walking down the street, on my way to Starbucks, when I received a text. I quickly retrieved my phone from my pocket and typed my reply. But before I could hit send, someone walked straight into me. I snapped my head up, ready to start on whoever decided it would be funny to walk into me. Me! No one touched me and got away with it around here. But my eyes met a young girl. She looked about my age, but she seemed different than most women around here. The way her long, blonde hair rested in small curls on her shoulder, the way her light blue eyes skimmed my face. Probably looking at my scars. The way she wore little makeup, yet walked around with so much confidence, like she owned the place! "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going" escaped her little mouth, that was tainted by her red lipstick. "It's okay, I'm used to it living in London anyways!" Was I stupid! Why did I say that? Looking into her eyes, I could see a hint of fear. But quickly composed herself and spoke again. "Again I'm sorry, but I best be going now." I couldn't let her go. But I couldn't ask a girl I just met for her number, could I? While I was pondering on whether to ask, she swerved around me and started to head off, the sound of her heels breaking me out of my thoughts. I quickly grabbed her wrist, stopping her, she turned to face me looking confused. "Wait! Your new here aren't you?" Well, I already knew the answer to that but she replied anyway. "Erm... yea, why?" Why did she looked so confused? Maybe she thought I was stupid... Or maybe a stalker. Haha, no I'm neither stupid or a stalker. "My names George, George Shelley. You are?" She seemed to shuffle on her feet. What was going on here? When she didn't reply I stared deep into her eyes, making her feel a little uncomfortable, however, she finally replied. "Im Ella, Ella... Roads." Her speech slowed, but I didn't think anything about it when I jumped back into our 'interesting' conversation.

"Can I please, erm, can I have your number?" She seemed completely taken aback, but held out her iPhone for me to take. "Yea sure" was her simple reply. I traded numbers and that's when I felt her eyes gaze over me. Was she checking me out? No, a girl like her would never even think about a boy like me! I handed her back the phone and we said our goodbyes. "See you around?" I really didn't know what to say and that entered my mind at the time, so I just went with it. "Yea, I'd like that." She replied, before swiftly turning around and headed up towards The Studio. Very original name I know, but only the best went there. I stood still for a moment, until my queries were confirmed as she pushed open the double doors to the most reputable company in Design. She would never want to see me. I mean look at her, and then look at me! But I think I slightly fell for Ella. Even though after last time, I shouldn't get involved. But her confidence basically hit me in the face. She didn't seem to care about what people thought, unlike every other girl here. They cared about their appearance, but Ella? She looked like she has put up a fight or two in the past. Well obviously, but did I like her? I can't get myself into this mess again. What if she found out? She would hate me... never want to be near me... she would probably move back to America.

*************************************Heyyy, sorry for the length of this chapter, but I had to introduce George in here! so hope you enjoyed! Thank you for reading :) xx