Chapter 19: Gravity

PREVIOUSLY ON FRIEND ZONE:

Then our lips collided at full force when my arms failed me and fell over him.

"What were you doing?" Dyl asked us. "Ari didn't want to show me his pictures, so I tried to snatch them. He hid them. I fell" I tried to sound nonchalantly.

"Harper is throwing a party Friday night after the graduation ceremony" Dyl informed us.

"Wow! Your dad hates Aaron" Libby commented when my parents left us.

"What?!? Why?" Aaron asked me.

"He thinks every male wants to get in my pants" I shrugged.

"Oh, I forgot! Ella, this is Dyl. Dyl, this is Ella" I introduced them.

"Since I already saw you blushing, my new goal is to see you drunk" Dyl informed me.

"You know our farewells are longer than the ones with Emily, we literally just say 'bye'" Dyl commented.

"Why didn't you kiss Aaron?" Ella asked curious. "I'm afraid. Even though it was a mutual thing I'm sure he will tell me that it was a mistake afterwards" I told them looking down. "You look cute together!" Libby said. "Libby, Aaron is playing Minnie, the bastard just likes the attention" Kayla interjected.

"I PASSED!!!! WOHOOOOO!!" I shouted looking at my phone.

-----------------

You hold me without touch You keep me without chains I never wanted anything so much than to drown in your love - Gravity by Sara Bareilles –

You keep me without chains
I never wanted anything so much than to drown in your love
- Gravity by Sara Bareilles –

       The dress that I was wearing made me look stunning —if I said so myself— my make-up was flawless, and my hair curled in perfection. I was feeling very confident walking through the entrance of the saloon where the prom was.

       The line to enter was long, so I had to stand there waiting for my turn, but luck wasn't by my side. Just after I took my place in line, Celia and Sandra arrived and stood right behind me.

       "I love your dress Sandra!" Celia exclaimed, eyeing Sandra's yellow dress. I couldn't help myself to watch Sandra's dress with the corner of my eye. She looked like a beach ball, definitely wrong decision.

       "Thank you! Your dress is beautiful too, green is the color of the summer!" Sandra approved. My eyes almost got out of their sockets and muffled a chuckle. Since when, green-puke is a summer color? Ewwww.

       "I know! I mean who wears orange in summer?" I heard Celia's snarky remark. I was wearing orange. And do they really think I'm going to feel bad because of that? Who made them fashion experts? They wear converse and shirts every day, I rolled my eyes at their ridiculous attempt to make me feel insecure.