•3•

It wasn't as cold today, but snow still fell from the white clouds covering the sun. Kailas had a feeling it wouldn't stick. It would soon turn into rain or just evaporate.
The bench he was sitting on was wet, slightly soaking into his jeans and back of his sweater. He stared down at his boots. His neck would most likely become sore from the position but he didn't care to move or look elsewhere.
It was around 6am, school would open up soon. Usually Kailas arrived early so he could hang out in the hallway, where it was quiet warm and away from physical harm.Though for some reason they hadn't unlocked there doors yet.

Kailas's breath rattled in his chest. He exhaled, his eyes falling closed.

Kailas's sternum was no longer hurting, though his throat was now scraped raw. It no longer felt like nails when he swallowed, more like used sandpaper.

After Kailas had run off, Demi didn't try to talk to him again. Which Kailas was grateful for. He didn't know how to talk to Demi again, what he would say, how he would even start. For some reason, Kailas had the overwhelming feeling to apologize, though he knew he had done nothing wrong. He just found it was easier to blame himself, say sorry and hopefully be done. Also, other people didn't seem to have a problem blaming him for everything as well.

Someone approached him. He didn't bother to look up and see who, probably just a teacher to either invite him in or tell him to get lost until it was 7, when school actually opened.

The person stopped walking, and Kailas opened his eyes. Still looking down. A pair of boots stood in front of him, just about a foot away from his.

"Kailas?"

Kailas sat up straight, his head whipping up. His neck muscles strained. Kailas wished he could describe his expression. All he could say was he was shocked.

Demi stood in front of him. Both hands were in the pockets of a black jacket. His black hair was tangled and reached his jaw like usual. Though Kailas could see the other side was cutely tucked behind his ear. His eyebrows where furrowed together. His gold eyes bore into Kailas's frame.

Demi looked pained, like he was looking at something that confused him yet he still felt pity for. He hesitated for a long time, then, dropped his shoulders.

"Can we talk?"

He hesitated again, and Kailas could actually hear Demi catch his breath. "Actually...I really think we need to talk."

When Kailas didn't say anything, Demi pointed with his hand, still in his pocket, to the bench. Kailas made a small noise that didn't really sound like English, but Demi took it as a yes and sat down. He didn't seem to care that it was damp, as he leaned back, muscles relaxing and cheeks puffing with air as Demi took in the quiet scenery. Kailas watched, like he still couldn't believe it, because honestly, he couldn't. Demi wanted to talk to him.

"I..." he started. Then clamped his mouth shut, rethinking his words, or maybe thinking of what to say. Kailas swallowed. Yep, sandpaper.

Demi stared down at his lap. His hair had come undone from behind his ear. Kailas wanted to put it back. Instead, he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"I honestly don't know what happened between us," Demi whispered, and Kailas wasn't sure if he was just thinking out loud or if he was actually supposed to hear that.

"I think, for a long time we had two different sides of the same story," he continued and Kailas now definitely knew he was talking to him.

"And I...I really want to know your side. If you want to hear mine." Demi turned to him. Words seemed to fail him in that moment, so he just nodded.