The truth about me

Magret's POV

I was downstairs, reading the newspaper when I heard the joyous sound of kids laughing. It has been awhile since I have ever heard that sound. Even when I had Cyrus there was no laughing, everything was depressing. I had wanted to take another child, but I couldn't. The police were already suspicious of me. I had left a feather from one of my hats at the crime scene.
The laughing got louder, shortly followed by a playful holler.
It reminds me of my children before the incident.
If only I had moved faster they would be here.
The laughing continued to get louder, to the point where it was driving me crazy. I plugged my ears. I swore that it was actually my children, but I was only imagining it. I rocked back and forth singing their sweet lullaby.
I missed my babies. The new girl I brought is almost helping to fill my heart, but she doesn't look like my daughter at all, with her being mixed.
My precious daughter, the world was so cruel to her. She deserved nothing that happened to her, same to my son. I would go back and try again to save them if I could, sadly it is impossible.

"Cyruss!!" The new girl screamed, again. The noises were bringing back painful memories and I started to see Red.

Flashback

"My babies, daddy is gone. We can all be together now." I assured them with my warm tears running down my face. As I cradled my eldest daughter, Meredith, in my arms she began choking on her own blood. I looked over at my son of 7 years, Thomas. He had a face soaked in tears. Thomas stopped crying, and focused on breathing, which had gotten more difficult with each intake.
Each of my children were dressed in their red blood, coming from a slash in their stomach which lead to their chest.

Meredith sputtered up her blood again, and I knew her life was slowly ending. This would be the last time I had with my children whilst they were alive.
"Hush little baby, don't say a word. Momma's gonna buy you a mockingbird. And If that MockingBird bird don't sing momma's gonna buy you a diamond ring." I never finished because my daughter paled, and gasped for air.
She died in my arms.
I went over to my son, hoping he could make it through. But he too died no longer than when I reached him.
There I laid, surrounded by lifeless bodies of my children and of my husband, wishing I could join them all.
I cried out hysterically and begged them to come back. They couldn't be dead.

They weren't dead.
They weren't dead.

"They are not dead." I smiled.

FlashbackOver

They aren't dead, they are upstairs playing a game. They sure are noisy though. Better go up there to make sure, they didn't make a mess.

I went up the creaky wooden stair, to the attic. The door was a barrier between me and seeing my dear children. Thomas and Meredith.
Twisting the doorknob, I got more and more cheerful. 'I love my children to death.'

I frowned as I saw her. Meredith had gotten darker, too much sun. No matter I still love her.

"Meredith and Thomas, will you both keep it down. It's quiet distracting and if you keep it up, you both will get a timeout." I told them. Thomas gulped as I said 'Timeout".

"Who is Mered-" She was cut off my Thomas.

"Sorry Momma, we'll hush up." Ahh, that's my boy. He even has a southern scent like me. I turned to my daughter. How was she getting this dark.
I held her chin.
"Sweetie, how on earth are you getting this dark. Don't get so much sun, it's not good for you."
Her face twisted in disgust.
"Excuse me?"She asked in distaste.

"Stay out of the sun, you are getting dark. Boy, for a good minute I could've guessed you were black." I laughed.

"How dar-" She was cut off again by Thomas.

"Okay Momma she will bye." His hand was over her mouth, muffling her words.
Ignored them and just left. I have to go grocery shopping.

Kiera'sPOV

"Who the hell does she think she is? " I was enraged. This old white lady, kidnaps me then tells me I'm getting too dark. Dafug? I'm black.( kinda 3/4 black)

"Kiera calm down." Cyrus tried to settle me down again which only made me angrier.

"Do not tell me to calm down. How dare she? How dare she? If I wasn't raised better, I swear I'd have half the mind to..." I paced back and forth beside Cyrus. He was sitting up on the bed watching as I began to lose it.

"Kiera listen. Sometimes Margret has these episodes." He scratched his neck.

"Episodes?" I asked now interested.

"Yeah, and when she called you Meredith and me Thomas, it was because of her episode. Thomas and Meredith are her dead children and I guess we are her fill-ins."

"Ohh and I guess her daughter was white." I was kind of embarrassed.

"Haha yeah." He laughed.

"Well now I feel bad."

"Don't be, you haven't had a 'Timeout' yet." He shivered.

"What does she do, put you in a corner for three minutes?"

"No she locks you in her attic for a night. The attic is pitch black except for a window."

"Have you ever tried to escape through the window?" This could be a way out.
This could be my how we make it out.

"No, it's far from the ground and I always thought that you could break your leg. But even if you could make it down successfully, you would have to be able to open it." I nodded my head in agreement although I wasn't giving up on the idea.

I will leave this place and when I do, I'm taking Cyrus with me.

*************************************
I know not very romantic, but atleast we know more about why Margret is crazy.

Vote.
Comment.
Fan.

Next chapter will be more romantic

Bella thorne as Meredith.