Chapter Eight

Cato's PoV 

__________________

"No, I'm not interested ok? District One and District Two can be allies but nothing more Glimmer. I'm not interested in that." I lower my voice to a more menacing tone, "Got it?" She only purses her lips saying, "We'll see," before she flounces off. Its the second week of training and she's been seeking me out since the second day. I sigh inwardly. It has not been fun. She's clearly a heart-breaker from the way Marvel, the District One boy, looks at her. No thank you. Not interested in that.

Besides, I have Clove. She hasn't professed love or anything, but we've talked more and I think that she views me as a friend now. And that's more then I hoped for......to start with. I look up as the boy from District 12 approaches. "I want in." he says. I fold my arms and raise my eyebrow. Clove sees and walks over to us.

I say, "What makes you think you have what it takes to be allies?" He smiles slightly, as if he's hiding something. "I have a plan." I look at Clove and see her shrug her shoulders, meaning I can decide. Good, at least she's trusting me now. I tilt my head, debating. Finally I agree saying, "Fine. For a short time. But you've got to let us in on your big plan." I smirk.

He shrugs like he doesn't care. "Fine." The deal is set. I learn that his name is Peeta, and boy does he have an interesting plan.

* * *

That night, I sit in my room, with Clove leaning against me. We sit and talk about nothing. Finally, after a long section of silence, Clove speaks softly. "Cato?" she asks.

"Yeah?"

"Did... did you really meant what you said? About loving me?"

My heart trembles. I love her so much it hurts not knowing how she feels. She is so beautiful with her raven hair, piercing eyes and unique personality. I wouldn't want anyone else by my side right now. 

I tilt her head towards me as I answer. "Yes. With all of my heart."

She outstreaches her hand and pull my lips down to hers. My heart soars and I feel like I'm flying.