Chapter 1

Title is subject to change!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1-

         "Danielle!" My mom's calming voice comes from down the hall.

Her heels are clicking against the wood floor in our hallway.

"You have a letter from St. Braxton's." She says as she stands in my doorway, breathing heavily.

The woman who now stands in front of me is wearing a neatly pressed suit coat and a pencil skirt, her blonde hair that I also share, was pulled up into a bun. Her brown eyes were wide as she smiled at me.

My mom had me when she was 18, currently making her only 35.

Most people believe that because she was  a teen mom, she had given up her dreams up to focus on raising me but that's not what went down. After my mom had me she balanced raising me and going to college, when I was 2 she got a degree in teaching and from there on out she spent her time becoming a better teacher.

At this point in life, things for us are okay. Me and my mom live alone, and living off her teachers saliry is hard but the envelope could be the answers to our problems.

"Lemme see." I tell her, smiling as I slip the envelope from her manicured fingers.

My hands are slightly shaking as I slowly rip open the envelope.

"I've been accepted." I say, a smile spreading across my face as tears of joy blur my vision.

This had been something I wanted for so long. St. Braxton's is known as a private school for the rich kids in town but it's more than that. You can’t just go there because your parents have a boatload of money, you have to earn it. Your grades have to be good and you have to be known as a good person. That, of course, doesn’t mean that the kids that go there aren't stuck up and rude but they are also smart and know how to behave in front of people who matter.

I've been working on getting in for the past two years, every since my first year of high school.  I had no problem when it came to the behaving, it was the grades that held me back. I was a B/C student, the school wanted me to be a A/B student.

Last summer I sent St. Braxton's another application, one that showed I had improved since the last time I applied. When I didn't get a reply right away I had assumed the worst but the think letter that I now held in my hands, proved me wrong.

         "Full Scholarship." My jaw drops as I continue to read.

My mom and I had one condition when it came to going to the school, if I didn't get a part time scholarship, I wouldn't be able to go. The tears begin to fall, as I re-read the words. The school wanted me so bad that I wouldn't have to pay.

I laugh as my mom pulls me into her arms, pulling me into her happy dance. "I'm so happy for you." She whispers into my ear as her cloud of perfume surrounds me.

         "I'm happy to." I tell her, reaching up to wipe the tears away.

_____________________________________________________________

New story that I'm trying out.

Please comment and let me know what you think.

It's going to get alot more exciting after this.