Chapter 37-

"Kids, wake up!" The Sheriff's voice booms through the outdoor living area. He gets greeted with a bunch of moans and groans from under blankets and in sleeping bags on the floor and couches.

Derek glances around at the group of sleeping people. Half of them lying on the couch covered in pillows and blankets that him and the Sheriff covered them with in the early hours of the morning. The other half were in sleeping bags and swags over the floor in the middle of the outdoor area. Melissa and Chris went home at around 2am driving Allison and Lydia home as well since they both had to work the next afternoon.

"We're not kids!" Someone mutters from the floor but Derek couldn't pick the tired voice and just laughs.

"I don't think they are getting up any time soon." Derek replies softly so he doesn't wake up Stiles who's head was resting in his lap fast asleep. Derek smiles putting his book down on the edge of the couch and slowly stands up, placing Stiles' head on a pillow gently.

"Speak for yourself." Erica's voice responds sleepily and Derek looks over at the other couch to find her sitting up. "Good thing about working with alcohol everyday. I know when to stop drinking so I don't feel like shit in the morning." She explains as she pulls Boyd's blanket up higher so it's covering him properly.

"Someone should stay here and keep an eye on them and someone should go to town and grab them breakfast to help with their hangovers." The Sheriff says and Derek nods glancing over at Erica who was already patting Ace in her kennel.

"Derek and I can go get them breakfast. That way if one of them wake up and throw up we don't have to deal with it." She says with a grin and Derek couldn't help but laugh at that.

"Alright lets go." Derek says as he and Erica walk inside shutting the door softly behind themselves. Derek grabs his wallet off the kitchen bench before they both walk outside.

"We're taking my car. It's got my bag in it." She says and Derek nods catching the car keys she throws at him with a confused expression. "You're driving. I need to do my hair and fix my makeup." She explains after seeing the confused look.

Derek rolls his eyes climbing into the drivers side of Erica's bronze Toyota Prado. He's never been in her car before and straight away he's hit with the smell of her perfume. He looks around noticing the pink steering wheel cover and pink sheeps wool seat covers.

"I like your style." Derek comments putting his seat belt on before reversing out the shed.

"Don't judge, you still drive the Stilinski's farm ute." Erica bites back with a grin and Derek accelerates a little bit harder as she does her lipstick ignoring her growl in annoyance.

-

"You got any idea where we can go to get them breakfast?" Derek asks as he shifts down a gear as they enter the town.

"Something with eggs would be the best idea. They are stacked full of amino acids which break down acetaldehyde." Erica explains as she finishes brushing her hair.

"Say that again but in English." Derek responds raising his eyebrows and Erica laughs.

"Acetaldehyde is the bad headache-causing chemical that's left over when the liver breaks down alcohol." Erica explains and Derek glances at her with an impressed look. "What? I did higher level biology in high school." Erica says like it was completely obvious and Derek just nods knowing better than to say anything.

"Where's the best place to get some sort of eggs? That won't be bad by the time we drive back home." Derek adds as he turns down the main road.