Chapter 18-

"You've definitely fractured your patella in your knee. But I have no idea how bad it is without doing X-rays." Melissa informs as she stands up in front of Derek on the couch.

"How bad can fractured knees be?" The Sheriff asks from the seat next to him.

"Worst case scenario he needs surgery. Best case scenario is he will just have to wear this knee brace for a few months." Melissa says grabbing a black knee brace made of some sort of soft material. "I came prepared." She adds and Derek nods.

"Do you think he'll need surgery?" Stiles questions and Derek glances over at him almost forgetting the kid was there since he's been so quiet.

"No hospital. I will be fine." Derek replies and Stiles just sighs nodding.

"There's not much I can do for you if you don't come into the hospital. But before I left work I grabbed this brace and some pain killers because what the Sheriff was telling me on the phone you might want them." Melissa says handing Derek a couple packets of pain killers from her bag. "Just wear this knee brace for a few months until you feel that your knee is fine on its own, that's all I can do for you honey." Melissa says handing him the brace.

"That is more than enough Ms McCall, thank you." Derek replies with a nod and she smiles as the Sheriff walks her out. He waits for them to leave the room before putting the knee brace on. It was tight around his knee and uncomfortable as hell but he knew it could be a lot worse.

"I don't mean to be annoying but can you put your pants back on." Stiles asks and Derek raises his eyebrows turning to him noticing the slight blush on the boys cheeks.

"Don't like what you see?" Derek questions with a sheepish grin and Stiles covers his face with his hands causing Derek to laugh.

"Yes. Wait no. No, that's not what I meant. I do like what I see, very much. But I meant put your pants on because your knee looks awful, no offence." Stiles quickly says and Derek rolls his eyes.

"Relax; I knew what you meant." Derek replies and Stiles gives him a dump look.

"Yet you decided to try embarrass me." Stiles says throwing his hands up in the air over dramatically. Derek just laughs smiling at the man next to him as he leans back into the couch.

"How about a couple games of Crash Bandicoot before I leave?" Derek asks and Stiles eyes light up.

"Alright, loser has to clean the old Massey Ferguson tomorrow deal?" Stiles asks already off the couch grabbing the controller and Derek nods.

-

*next day*

"Hey man." Boyd's voice calls and Derek turns around to find the younger man walking towards him with Parrish.

"Morning fellas." Derek calls out walking towards them. His limp is pretty bad but his knee doesn't hurt as much now that he has the brace on under his jeans.

"How's the knee? Stiles informed us on what happened, that's a fair limp." Parrish says.

"Better now that I have a brace on it." Derek responds and Parrish nods. "How was the bar?"

"Great! Erica had the night off so she hung out with us and Lydia came out for a few hours just to hang with Parrish." Boyd says with a wink nudging Parrish's side.

"Yeah yeah whatever. Just because you and Erica are together don't rub it in that Lydia and I aren't." Parrish comments and Derek rolls his eyes.

"You know she is crazy into you right? If you ask her out she will say yes." Derek adds honestly.