Chapter 2-

He's been walking for hours, the sun now right above him but he can see the large farm on the horizon.

Sweat drips down his body with his tank top and flannel basically sticking to his skin. His water bottle empty and tossed in a bush hours ago, he knows he needs to stop and rest, he's getting too hot and too dehydrated but he keeps walking. Only one large truck has passed him so that's either a good thing or a bad thing.

Another hour passes as he finally reaches the entry to the farm. He walks over the cattle grids on the ground and begins walking up the long dirt driveway. It leads to what looks to be the main farm house but it was hard to tell so far away and with the trees around the house. Derek has worked at enough farms over the years to know what to look for so he's pretty sure he's heading in the right direction.

He keeps his head down while walking trying to focus on each step, his body was beginning to slow down. His head feels like it was spinning and he was sweating too much even though it was extremely hot. He knows what all these symptoms are hinting but he ignores it, he just needs to call a tow truck and find the next town, then he can work out what to do.

Too caught up in his own thoughts he barely notices the truck coming down the drive way towards him. He gets off the dirt driveway still walking towards the house as he eyes the truck recognising it as the one that passed him on the road. He keeps his head down as the truck passes and keeps walking.

-

Stiles opens the door to one of the barns letting the horses out into the pasture paddock for the afternoon. He jumps the wire fence and begins cleaning the dirty water trough. This paddock hasn't been used all year so he thought it was a good idea to let the horses out to chew down the grass since their slasher is out of action.

He wipes his forehead with his flannel sleeve when his phone begins to ring. Putting the washing broom down as he wipes his hands on his jeans before answering his phone.

"Hey Lahey, did you forget the paper work again?" Stiles says into the phone.

"You forget the paper work once and everyone gives you shit for it." Isaac mutters on the end of the line causing Stiles to laugh. "I rang because remember the guy I saw walking on the road? He was walking up your driveway. Are you expecting anyone?"

"No." Stiles responds because he honestly doesn't know what else to say, they live in the middle of no where so this guy must be up to no good. "What did he look like and was he armed?"

"It was hard to tell through his dirty clothes, his skin was dirty like he's been working but he had a hat on so I couldn't see his face. He wasn't armed at least not holding any weapons." Isaac answers.

"Alright thanks Isaac, I'll go deal with him." Stiles says into the phone as he hangs up.

"Fucking trespasses." Stiles mutters as he pulls up Scotts number.

"Hey Scotty are you and Boyd still by the cattle yards?" He asks.

"Yeah just finishing off the cleaning, what's up?"

"Tell Boyd to finish cleaning the trough out in the north-west pasture paddock, the horses are in it he can't miss it. Meet me at the farm house now Scott." Stiles instructs before hanging up. He knew Scott would be able to tell the seriousness in his voice and not screw around.

He pulls up the house in his jeep and signals for Scott to get in. His dad has dealt with trespasses before and Stiles has seen him do it once when the man tried stealing their tv, so he knows what to do but he'd rather have Scott there for back up in case things go sideways.