Chapter 2

Lewis' POV

"Do any of you know where we're suppose to get our schedule?" Kim asked, we all shook our head, "Crap..."

"Probably at the office... maybe..?" Duncan said shyly.

"Probably," I shrugged and we all walked to the office. There were a ton of kids there, there didn't seem to be many above our age, so I assumed they were mostly people in grade nine. We waited about five minutes, which took forever, and finally got our schedules along with a map of the school. We looked at our schedules and started walking away from the office in a small group.

Lewis Brindley

Period 1: Math - Room: 125

When we were all done, we split up to go to our first period. I looked at the map and tried to figure out where room 125 was. Hannah and I both had math, so we entered the room, sitting next to each other awkwardly in the front.

"So... we didn't properly met..." I said stiffly and held out my hand, she smiled shyly and took my shook my hand, "You know my name already, but I feel like I should shake your hand..."

"Sure thing," she said and I let go as the teacher walked in.

"Hello, Students and welcome to my classroom! My name is Mr. Andrews!" he announced proudly and the bell rang right after he finished, "We're just gonna go around the room and you're all gonna say your names, then I'm just gonna tell you a few things about myself today, taking any questions afterwards! You can go first, young man!"

"Lewis Brindley," I said.

"Hannah Rutherford," my blonde-haired friend said beside me, they all continued. She turned towards me and we started whispering to each other, talking about oddly casual subjects.

"Ridge Dog," a voice boomed in the back of the room, breaking our conversation. I faced him out of curiosity and Hannah looked back too.

He had red hair and wore a navy blue coat, a fancy shirt beneath and a huge smirk. Quickly, I turned back towards the front and so did Hannah. When everyone finished with their names, the teacher walked up to the front and started a slide show. I continued to talk to Hannah and the teacher glared at us.

"Excuse me, Mr. Brindley and Miss. Rutherford, do you have something to tell the class?" he asked and I shook my head.

"Sorry, sir. I was talking to her, she didn't talk back to me," I tried to defend her, he glared again.

"Detention, Brindley! After school!" he said and I groaned, "Oh! Do you have anything else to say?"

"No, sir..." I mumbled and crossed my arms. He nodded and went back to talking about himself. I can't believe I got detention on my first day here... in my first period too...

"Thanks..." Hannah whispered when he turned his back to us.

"No problem..." I whispered back and smiled, she returned the smile and when the class ended, she gave me a hug and quickly headed to her next class.

Kim's POV

I looked down at my schedule and noticed my first period was Science. Ugh, I hate school, I'm not good at anything here, I don't even know how I didn't fail any of my grades before this...

"Hey, what do you have?" Duncan asked sweetly, bringing me back to reality.

"Science, you?" I asked.

"Same," he smiled and I smiled back. I was excited on the inside, but tried not to let it show.

"Cool," I said casually and we walked to class in awkward silence. When we reached the classroom Duncan practically dragged me to the front with him. I could tell he was excited as he tapped his foot on the stool repeatedly. I carefully picked up a beaker out of curiosity and almost smelled it, but Duncan took it from my hand.