Chapter IV

Today was Tuesday, and I was really excited about that fact. Since it was one of our only nights off, Megan and I had decided to go to the water park that was closing this weekend, and we invited her brother Miles, Rylin, Braydon, and all the friends they wanted to bring.

After school ended, I headed home to change into my swimsuit. I had found it two weekends ago in the bottom of a Nordstrom clearance bin and did not hesitate to buy it. It was a black bikini with lace around the edges, the top covered a lot more skin than Megan's triangle top did since she had big boobs to flaunt and I didn't. I threw on a light pink coverup and matching flipflops, grabbing my bad and hurrying out the door when I heard Megan hit the horn from outside. I jumped in, my door shutting just as she hit the gas hard, lurching me forward.

"Slow down!" I cried, looking over at her. She was wearing the baby blue bikini I had gotten her for her birthday three months ago and my white coverup. "Hey, wait a minute. Is that my coverup?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Uh, yeah? I asked you last time I was over if I could borrow it and you handed it to me."

"Oh. I actually don't remember that," I admitted, and she rolled her eyes playfully at me. "Anyways, are you excited? It's waterpark time!"

"Of course I am. Plus, there is the extra bonus of Miles and Braydon bringing all of their hot friends who will most definitely not be wearing shirts. Mhmm, I can't wait."

I laughed at this, grabbing some sun lotion from my bag and applying it to my face and ears. I burn really easily, and I really did not want to look like a tomato for the next couple of weeks. Plus, last year when Megan and Miles dragged me along with them to the pool, I burned so bad I had to put aloe on twice a day. And then whenever I went to Megan's place, Miles and all of his friends would tease me and call me little twizzler, despite the fact that I was only a year younger than all of them. Miles was a year older than us, and as senior he now had an unbelievable amount of hot friends, a fact even I couldn't disagree with Megan about. I simply hoped none of them would do anything stupid and get us kicked out.

As we walked in after paying, I noticed a group of boys and squinted in their direction. I spotted Braydon waving us over and hauled Megan behind me in his direction.

"What's up, ladies?" He yelled, causing us to chuckle. I skimmed over the faces of the boys around us, it looked like there was about six of them. I recognized the one standing next to Braydon as the kid who sat at our lunch table, but I couldn't seem to recall his name. Miles was talking with three boys, and as I glanced over in their direction, I locked eyes with a face that was becoming more and more familiar. Jacob's friend, the one from the diner that kept calling me 'angel'. As he noticed me staring, he winked, causing me to blush and hastily tear my eyes away from him. He was wearing a thin white shirt that clung to his sculpted stomach with red swim trunks, and I began to wish impatiently that he would just take his shirt off already.

I clapped my hands together to gain Braydon's attention and flashed him a toothy grin. Because I knew him, I knew how he and Megan just stand there and talk forever if I let them, and how they were heading down that lane. "Alright, let's get this show on the road. I'm hot, and there's a gorgeous looking pool right beside us."

"You're right, it does look good," Megan said and I sighed, faking an impatience.

"Then let's go," I whined.

We walked over to the table beside Miles, cluttered with everyone's things, and took the two empty chairs we assumed were reserved for us. I grabbed my phone out of my bag as I heard the ringtone, and answered immediately.

"Hello?"

"Oh my gosh, Vienna. I am so sorry! I totally forgot that I have a thing going on today, and I won't be able to make it out to the park," Rylin gushed, her voice shaking.