Zoey (Chapter 3)

I sat on my window seat in my bedroom, and just stared out the window. My parents had just gotten home (it was three in the morning) and I had barely finished cleaning by then. Tommy had passed out half way through "Big Hero Six," and I had to carry the little rug rat to bed. But tomorrow night would be a good one for me, and Tommy for that matter. My boyfriend, Brad, was taking us to the mall. Tommy just adored Brad, and Brad saw Tommy as his little brother too. A lot of times, when it was the three of us, I would feel like a third wheel. But that was okay, seeing how happy it made the two of them.

I leaned my head against the cool window and  looked out, expecting to loose myself in a daydream.  But instead, I saw something that made my heart skip a beat. There was a man watching me with binoculars on the other side of the street!

I quickly ducked down. Was that real? I slowly looked up again. There was nobody across the street.

"Ok, Zoey, maybe it's time to go to bed..." I said to myself.

With my mind going a hundred miles per hour, I crawled into bed. I was about to go to sleep when my phone rang again. I hesitated to answer at first, but then curiosity took over. I answered and breathed a sigh of relief when I heard the voice on the other line. It was my best friend Pepper.

"Zoey, are you ready for that history finial next week? I'm freaking out! I don't think the weekend is enough study time."

"You know that's why we're supposed to study throughout the semester, not to mention we were given the study guide a week early."

"Yeah, well I'm not some nerd who spends all of her time studying."

"Are you making fun of me?"

"Maybe."

There was silence for about two seconds which was a new record for us, then burst out laughing. We'd been friends for about as long as I could remember. We did everything together, but when I started dating Brad, all of that changed. We stopped calling each other, going to the mall. I was surprised that she was calling now.

"Look, I know you didn't call to talk about school, so what's up?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were ok."

That's weird. "Why would I not be ok?"

"I don't know. I've just been having these weird dreams about you being hurt. We haven't talked in a while and I thought the dreams might be a reminder that I haven't been part of your life. I really miss hanging out with you."

"Pepper! Just say the word and I'll cancel all my plans to hang out with you! I've been missing talking to you like crazy but every time I thought about calling I got worried that you didn't want to talk to me."

"Ok so I say that next weekend we should go to the mall together and have a sleepover. Does that sound good?"

"That sounds awesome, Pepper! I can't wait!"

"Yay! Well I have to go study, but I'll talk to you later, ok?"

"Yeah, I'll talk to you later."

Little did I know that that sleepover wasn't going to happen any time soon.

......................................................................

Like? Comment and vote please and thanks for reading this far! :) <3

~Emily~