Chapter Fourteen: The Invitation

A/N: Haaaaalloooooo everyone! I have decided I am going to stop apologizing for the wait between chapters (unless it gets ridiculously long) since this is apparently just how long it take me to write and edit them! So this chapter is basically just smut with some filler information that sets us up for the next chapter. It's entirely from Tyler's point of view, but the next one will be entirely from Troye's. Let's see, what else? Another youtuber makes a cameo! So . . . yes? I don't have a lot to say today except that I continue to be blown away by your support and look forward to reading your comments so so much! Love ya! Enjoy!

- Tyler’s POV -

The next morning I jolted awake and found myself with a face full of hair. I blinked, confused and a bit panicked for a moment before I turned my head so that I could breathe more easily, my expression softening as I looked down at Troye, whose head was resting in the nook of my arm. I didn’t remember him coming to bed last night. I must have fallen asleep while he was still on the phone with Stephen, but now he was curled up in my arms, snuffling softly in his sleep.

I blinked around the room, trying to figure out why I had woken up so suddenly, but as my senses returned to me I realized that my phone alarm was blaring next to me. I groaned quietly, hurriedly reaching to turn it off and wondering how Troye could possibly have slept through such an unholy racket.

I scrubbed a hand over my face, feeling slightly more awake as I remembered that the reason I had set my alarm so early was so that I could go for my usual morning run. I had neglected my exercise regime the last few days that Troye had been staying here, but now I was itching to get back into my routine. I began to gently extricate myself from the sleeping Troye’s grasp, but while he didn’t wake up when my screeching alarm went off, he did wake up when I tried to move out of his arms, effectively removing his pillow. I froze as Troye stirred, already pouting before he was even fully awake. When he lifted his head slightly I took the opportunity to slide out from under him. Troye made an unhappy sound, making little grabby hands in my direction, his eyes squinting blearily and his hair flattened on one side, sticking up on the other.

Goddamn it, he was too adorable to be real.

“Tilly?” Troye asked, confused, his voice low and rusty with sleep.

“Shh Troye, go back to sleep, I’m just going to go for a short run,” I whispered back in a soothing tone as I fumbled around in the dim room, throwing on shorts and a t-shirt and searching for my running shoes.

“The fuck time is it?” Came Troye’s disgruntled, still endearingly dazed voice from the mess of covers he had now wrapped himself in to protect himself from the cold that the disappearance of my body heat had left in its place.

“It’s 7:30.”

“What the fuck is wrong with you?” Troye groaned, flipping over dramatically and burying his face in my pillow.

My mouth twitched in amusement.

“This is an awful lot of swearing before 8 am.”

“Shut the fuck up.” 

I outright laughed at this, though I tried to stifle the sound of my cackle a bit more than usual. Troye pulled the covers over his head. 

“Come back to bed,” his muffled voice said from under the covers.

My heart twinged with the desire to do just that, but I ignored it, knowing I really need and wanted to go for this run.

“I haven’t been for a run since you got here, I need to get back into it. Go back to sleep, I won’t be long,” I said.