Chapter Eleven: The Side Effect

A/N: Hi lovely Troyler shippers! So sorry for the wait on this chapter, I had a lot of trouble with it because I wanted a bit of a quiet filler chapter to just establish some new closeness and connection between Troye and Tyler but I also didn't want it to be boring, so I hope it isn't! Fingers crossed!

Just a quick note, I think that some people are a bit confused about the timeline for this story and think that Troye and Tyler only have a few more days together! EACH CHAPTER IS NOT A FULL DAY. It's only been a full day when they actually go to sleep and most days go over a couple of chapters, with the exception of Chapter Nine. Just to be TOTALLY clear, it's only been six days so far and Troye is planning to stay in LA for a little over two weeks (so maybe like 16 days or so). So there are lots of chapters left! I promise I'm keeping track : )

Love you guys and I hope this chapter isn't too boring despite the lack of action (by both definitions of the word.) Next chapter we'll be back to your regularly scheduled smut!

- Troye’s POV -

I was lost in my own thoughts as I dried myself off, trying not to wince too obviously at the slight pulsing pain that reminded me that I had lost my virginity the night before. And had sex again this morning. And probably would have again in the shower if it weren’t for the fact that I knew my body couldn’t handle it. But Tyler had just looked so sexy with the water running down his chest and trailing over his stomach to his -

“Troye? You up for hanging out with Hannah, Grace, and Mamrie tonight? And I think maybe Connor too? Everyone wants to see you!” Tyler said, laughing.

“Oh! Um, sure, I- ” I paused and he looked around at me. I tried to pay attention to his face, though it was difficult when he was only wearing a towel.

“What?”

“I just realized that I didn’t bring any clothes.”

“Oh, right. I suppose you do have to wear clothes at least some of the time,” he said disapprovingly and I fought back a smile as I rolled my eyes. “Well you can wear your jeans from yesterday, can’t you? And you can just borrow a shirt.”

“Ok,” I said casually. Tyler and I had been borrowing each other’s clothes for years. I caught a glimpse of myself in the bathroom mirror and felt the blood drain from my face slightly when I saw the love bites decorating my neck.

“Um, maybe something with a collar,” I said, eyeing the love bite on my collar bone. The one on my neck was at least faded enough that I might be able to get away without drawing any notice from our friends.

Tyler saw me examining my love bites and smiled unsympathetically.

“Sorry bout it,” he laughed, not sounding sorry in the least.

I rolled my eyes again at his sass and followed him out of the bathroom into his closet, watching him rifle through his shirts, shivering in the cold air and feeling somewhat self-conscious of my near nakedness now despite everything we’d done in the last twenty four hours. I shifted slightly and winced at the pain that accompanied the movement

“You ok?” Tyler asked, turning away from his button down collection to place a concerned hand on my arm.

I flushed.

“Yeah, just a bit sore,” I muttered.

“Is it bad?” he questioned anxiously.

I shook my head quickly.

‘No, it’s fine, just a bit uncomfortable, don’t worry.”

Tyler smiled and went back to picking out a shirt, settling on a grey cable knit sweater.