Gone

The White Fairy wiped the tears from Rumple's and Belle's face, "it's okay. I'm here now. We're together."

When their faces were mostly dry, the three embraced.

Ding, dong, ding, dong.

The clock struck 6:00 pm.

"It seems I talked longer than I meant to. The sun is almost beginning to set now," the White Fairy knew what was about to happen to her but was desperate to save the children. "Where is my heart?"

Rumplestiltskin gave her heart to her. He had placed it in a beautiful box. She was glad she neglected to go into detail about how she would die at sunset due to the curse.

"Papa," she said to Rumple "Do you see this golden string that's tied around my heart?"

Rumple did his best not to choke up or make a scene about his precious new-found daughter calling him Papa. "Yes, Dearie. I suppose that's what is tying your heart to the others?"

"Yes," the White Fairy continued, "it needs to be taken off. Would you kindly do this?"

Rumple was touched that she trusted him with her heart. "Of course."

"You'll need to use your dagger," she continued "only that has enough magic to release the grip of the string on my heart.

"Not a problem, Dearie."

She gave him her heart and he began to unwind. Belle held the White Fairy tightly in her arms. Removing the golden string was not easy. At certain points it had woven in and out of her heart. The White Fairy put on a brave face, but was barely able to hide the pain.

"Dearie," Rumple said with worry "your heart is becoming weaker as I do this. Are you sure you will be alright if I continue?" He continued to work while waiting for a response.

But none came.

"She passed out," Emma said with concern, "I would too if my heart had been through all of this."

"Rumple," Belle said "please hurry! You have to take the golden string out as she requested."

Gold worked as fast as he could without risking damage to the heart. The sunset as he pulled out the last strand.

At first everyone cheered - everyone except Rumple and Belle.

Rumple's hands were shaking and tears came streaming down. He looked at the heart which had stopped beating.

"I'm so sorry for all that happened to you. I'm sorry that we didn't protect you." He said holding the heart, "I love you. Please wake up!"

Belle had started rocking back and forth and gently shaking the White Fairy. She was desperate to see life in her daughter again.

"Please, please wake up!" Belle sobbed as her daughter remained lifeless. "We'll do better this time! We love you. We'll do anything for you! Please come back! Don't be gone!"

Belle continued to beg as if her words could bring her daughter back. Belle felt as if she couldn't go on without her precious daughter.

As Belle continued to beg and sob, the sun completely set and all was dark.

Rumple gathered himself together for his wife. In one arms he held her, in the other hand he continued to hold the heart.

Both Rumple and Belle looked at the still heart wishing with all their might that it would beat again. Their tears poured onto it.

As the tears poured onto the heart, the love contained inside each began to expel the darkness. The black fairy dust began to pour out - it came out of the holes caused from the string.

Rumple and Belle stared in amazement as the heart went from black to grey, grey to white, and white to a bright shining light.

They kissed the heart and it began to beat again.

"You saved me!" The White Fairy embraced them both, "I love you both." Tears of her own started to stream.

"Dearie," Rumple said as he held her tight, "we thought we had lost you when we had just found you."

"And I you," she responded and returned the embrace. "Can we be a family?"

"We would like nothing more" Belle beamed with joy.

Rumple chuckled, "would you like your heart back, Dearie?"

When the White Fairy nodded, Rumple placed the heart back in its home.

"Perhaps we should all go home," Emma spoke up. "It's been a long day and we should all be with our families."

The White Fairy thanked everyone for their role in saving her and once all departed, she was also gone with her new family.

She was excited for her new fairytale beginning.

———————————————————
*On December 20th changes were made to the chapter "Jane" in order to add clarity to who she is. I would recommend re-reading for further understanding on Jane or reading the change section in the comment below!*

Hi! It's the author, RumbellaGold.

If you like what I've written, please leave a nice comment and give a vote! Please feel free to ask questions and make suggestions for future chapters.

Read on, friends!

The next chapter the White Fairy has to deal with uncomfortable feelings concerning her past.