Where

From the strike of midnight to 1:00 am, ten families were reunited. I gave each family an hour with their child before speaking with them. I used this time to enchant the entire mansion into a self-sustaining and guest serving paradise, and to prepare myself.

Gentle piano music played throughout each room, there were teapots that made their own tea and cups that knew to stay with their pot. The candles always stayed lit and were enchanted to make the families feel at home and answer any of their questions.

The kitchen was prepped and designed to make breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and desserts. Magic plates took the food to the families - whether they preferred to eat in their room or the dining hall.

Beautiful grandfather clocks were placed throughout. They would say the hour, if asked. They also let guests know what was going on in the mansion at that time and the schedule for the day.

Further, enchanted dusters, brooms, mops, and cleaning supplies of the sort were made to keep the mansion tidy. They didn't say anything, but would give a polite bow to anyone passing by.

Then I turned my attention to myself. I couldn't warmly greet our guests in the dark old rags I had. Since I've introduced myself as the White Fairy, I need to look the part. I fashioned my hair in a braid and put on a beautiful white dress with pastel flowers adorning it. I sought inspiration from the princess in the book my brother had. I was fairly pleased with the outcome and believed this was an appearance that would show regality and instill trust.

 I was fairly pleased with the outcome and believed this was an appearance that would show regality and instill trust

Once that was done, I ensured everything was as it should be. In fact, I must have checked everything was perfect over one hundred times. After all, this moment was a dream come true for myself and my seventy friends. I knew the families needed more time with their newly found children, but, after the first hour was up, I knew I also needed answers if our guest's dreams were to last more than one day.

I walked down the hall to the room where the first family appeared. I was relieved to see it was Roderick's family - not that they would know their baby boy by that name; that was his name from the Black Fairy...

Roderick was taken the same day as my brother. Actually, when the Black Fairy took Roderick is when she saw my brother and stole him from his Godmother, who had done her best to protect him. I supposed it had to be fate, in a twisted way. She stole my brother right after Roderick and took them to the Dark Realm on the same night.

My brother and Roderick had "rooms" (much more like cells) across from each other as they grew up. Poor Roderick was tortured by the Dark Fairy when he was a child. She used him to "teach" my brother "lessons."

One night the torture was much crueler than other nights. Roderick was at deaths door and the Black Fairy left him on the blood soaked floor thinking he'd take his last breaths. The poor boy had only aged about ten years at that time. She had done this several times to those even younger.