How

Finding the last child's family may be difficult, I thought as I peered down at the sleeping infant. She looked beautiful in her pink baby clothes wrapped in a white blanket. She had chocolate-brown hair, rosy cheeks, a cute button nose and long eye-lashes. She was sleeping very soundly and did not stir at my presence.

Before this time, I thought I knew all the children in the Dark Realm. I definitely could name the sixty-nine other children here, but when it came to this little Sleeping Beauty - I simply had no clue.

Nevertheless, I needed to find her parents. I'd already spent too much time making the perfect reunion for the other children; if I try to do the same for this little Bell - well - I would simply run out of time to accomplish the rest of my mission. It was already just past noon.

I used a single strand of her hair to form a spell that would take me to her father and mother. With a quick wave of my hand I went from the mansion to the front of a shop. According to the sign swinging above it, this shop belonged to Mr. Gold.

I quickly went through the door, ignoring the closed sign. "Hello, Mr. Gold or whoever is here," I called loudly, "Sir - or ma'am - it's quite urgent. Your daughter is waiting for you at my mansion, and you must be reunited with her immediately."

I heard some noise coming from upstairs. Was he ignoring me? How could he not want to be with his daughter? There isn't a way my magic failed. That spell was quite simple for me.

I had waited twelve hours for that Sleeping Beauty's parents to claim her, and I won't allow them to have cold feet. She needs to be reunited with them as soon as possible or at sunset her and all the other infants hearts will stop. The Black Fairy tied all the babes of this realms hearts to mine and cursed mine to stop beating at the first sunset I experienced in this land.

I swiftly climbed the stairs, "I am the White Fairy. I know you are here because I used a spell that would take me to the babes' parents." Again I heard shuffling and muffled whispers.

At that moment I reached the top of the stairs and swung open the door to my left. What I first see is a baby boy in a bassinet. The next I see is two wide-eyed adults sitting on a bed. The male seemed overwhelmed and perhaps bewildered. The female looked even more frazzled but what struck me was that she had the same hair, cheeks and nose as the Sleeping Beauty at my mansion.

"I'm here to fetch the parents of the Sleeping Beauty that is the last babe to be claimed," I spoke curtly but felt awkward and couldn't believe these people hadn't claimed their daughter yet. "You, ma'am, have many of the same looks as this babe. I'm almost certain you are her mother. What has been keeping you from reuniting?"

The lady looked at me with wide-eyes. After several seconds the male approached me and said, "pleasure to meet you. The name is Rumplestiltskin."

"Sir," I replied doing my best to be polite, "I appreciate the introduction but I am on a time sensitive mission that needed to be accomplished by now. In order for the first part of the mission to be completed the last babe at my mansion needs to be reunited with her parents."

I took a deep breath, "I see you have the letter that was sent to call you to your daughters side. What has been holding you?"

"Well, Dearie, my wife" he gestures towards the woman laying on the bed, "just woke from a sleeping curse. Further, that child can not be ours. This boy here is ours, but we've had no daughter."

"I'm glad your wife is clearly making a recovery and that you have a healthy son but there is no question that the babe in my mansion is your daughter," I replied stunned. "Would you please come with me and meet your daughter?"

"Do you have a brother," Rumplestiltskin's wife asked with tears streaming down her face.

"How about you come meet your daughter then I will answer any of your questions," I replied caught slightly off guard, "Deal?"

"Deal," replied Rumplestiltskin and his wife nodded.

"That's all I needed to hear," I brought us back to my mansion with my magic. We stood outside the sleeping Bell's door.

"I will hold your baby boy," I said already having their child in my arms, "you go in and meet your daughter."

Rumplestiltskin held tight to his wife's hand and opened the door. They gave a meaningful look to one-another, glanced towards me, then entered the babes' room.

"Belle," Rumplestiltskin gasped "the babe does look very similar to you." She - I suppose Belle - nodded and slowly picked up the infant and held her in a loving-motherly fashion.

The scene warmed my heart. I couldn't help but smile. But the warmth didn't stop at my heart - it spread throughout my body - and as she held the infant tighter, my body became hotter.

"R-ru," I stammered. Everything was getting too hot, I was becoming dizzy and was using everything I had to not drop the baby boy in my arms. Rumplestiltskin couldn't hear me - I could barely talk. "Ru-r..." within seconds it was hard to breath and I could feel my blood draining.

Suddenly the infant started to wail. Rumplestiltskin heard and looked over. Seeing my present situation, he rushed over and took the baby boy out of my arms. At the same moment, Belle - who was too enthralled with the Sleeping Beauty - laid a kiss on the baby girl in her arms.

The last thing I saw was Belle's lips barely over her baby. Then, everything went black.

———————————————————
Hi! It's the author, RumbellaGold.

If you like what I've written, please leave a nice comment and give a vote! Please feel free to ask questions and make suggestions for future chapters.

Read on, friends!

In the next chapter we'll learn what happened to the White Fairy and the impact of her on the rest of the mansion.