Reassurance

You're in the hospital once again.

This make you reminisce about the hard times.

Child Abuse.

It repeats in your head.

It feels as though you are reliving it.

Flickering white lights, a white ceiling and a note to the left on an end table.

You squint your eyes trying to read it.

"Human test, physical abuse"

Physical abuse.

I really am reliving a nightmare.

You hear loud footsteps and a loud voice.

Is this really my mother right now?

"WHERE IS SHE?"

Wow, my mother really IS coming to yell at me and give me a lecture at a time like this? Jesus Christ,  I can't  even fight back at this point.

Think of something, think of something!

The door slams open and your mother comes rushing over to your hospital bed.

"Ew what the fuck, you look disgusting."

"DOES IT LOOK LIKE IM GONNA BE PERFECT AFTER IVE BEEN KIDNAPPED AND PHYSICALLY ABUSED, MOTHER?"

"GIRL IF I WAS YOU, EVEN IF I WAS KIDNAPPED, ID MAKE AN OLD MEME BECOME FRESH AGAIN."

"THATS YOU NOT ME."

"EXACTLY, GET ON MY LEVEL. THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR GOING OUT ON THE STREETS AT NIGHT."

She's saying I deserved to be abused?

Oh, that's right.

She abused me too, just no one found out about it because of how innocent and shocked she acted.

"GET ON YOUR LEVEL? THIS IS WHAT I DESERVE?"

"Yes. Thanks to you, I've been worried and gained 4 years of old age. Do you see this wrinkles?"

You look at her angered. You want to be left alone.

"Sorry for that mother, maybe you should learn how to protect your child more often and learn that you aren't a kid anymore and don't need to live up to our expectations cause you're a SINGLE AND OLD MOTHER."

I had to put her in her place. I've been wanting to say that to her for a while now. I was stuck in the past while she was caught up in the present.

"You little bitch."

"Leave me, I don't want to see you right now."

Your mother exits the room, leaving you in a silent hospital room once again.

You try to remember back at the kidnap. How 707 saved your life, yet he isn't here to check on you.

"What a confusing man, teasing me, saving me then not even coming to check up on me? He cares and then he doesn't?"

You sigh and then you let out a faint giggle.

"I'm going to blame the man because he's the one meant to be supporting me, yet a table could do a better job."

"Excuse me? I was here all along and you haven't even noticed yet you're blabbing out words saying I'm not supporting you? Who was the one who saved you?"

OH SHIT HE HEARD EVERYTHING. OH MY GOD NO.

"When did you get in here?"

"I was here all along, I've been making sure you wouldn't pull out your life support or anything."

"And why would I do that?"

"You still don't get my jokes do you?

He looks down at the ground with a saddened joke but silently giggles at it.

"Sorry, I'm too plain to understand your jokes."

"You're right"

Wow he agreed? What a fucking asshole.

"See what I mean when I say a table can do better?"

"I know. I'm an asshole. I get it, you've repeated it to me quite a few times now."

"I HAVENT REPEATED IT YOU JUST ALWAYS SEEM TO EAVESDROP."

He laughs and goes to sit on the edge of your bed. The sudden weight hurts your legs, but you enjoy his company.

"I'm sorry for not being there. I'm sorry you had to to go through all that. I never thought this would happen again."

"It isn't your fault, why are you apologising?"

"It is, because I was meant to ask Amelia for your number that night and invite you out to dinner, but I changed plans. If I didn't change plans, this wouldn't have happened."

"Cute, I was thinking of the- I mean, really, it isn't your fault."

I've really done it now, I was meant to keep that a secret to only myself because I knew I wouldn't have had the courage to say it and there I go. The fuckhead I am has said too much.

I really want to pull out my life support.

"Cute? That's something a plain girl would say."

"If I'm so plain then why do you keep sticking around?"

"That's none of your business"

"Um, yes it is? It's me you're hanging around, not some dreamy, hentai slut from an anime."

He scoffs and gazes out the window.
He really is handsome, I just realised he has a natural glow. He's prettier than me and I'm a chick, I don't even know how that's possible.

The glasses really suit him too.

I look around the room one more time and realise how strange it is. Perhaps I'm not in a hospital, because what type of hospital room has a piano... what type of hospital room has really modern bed sheets.

Why...

"This isn't a hospital is it?"

"No, it's my room.. you thought this was a hospital the whole time?"

No wonder why the sheets smelt so good.

"Well, yeah, who else would have these machines?"

"Me. I was in a more serious position than you are in now. I bought them to look after myself."

"Oh... how long did it take for you to recover?"

"A long time, you should recover in a few days though."

"Oh okay."

You look over at the piano again. A dusty grand just sits in the corner. Is this his only source of entertainment? Does he know how to play?

"Hey.... Do you know how to play piano?"

"I only know one song that was played when I was little, when I was back at an orphanage."

"So you're an orphan?"

"An orphan test subject."

He really has had a hard life.

"It's called Goodbye by Hichiko. It's a song that's played before we left to the lab. Kind of like a funeral song because we were expected to die."

"I'm sorry."

"I'll play it for you."

"No....."

"Let me give you a feeling of what it feels like to be me. What I have had to deal with."