8

I walked up to the porch, still dripping wet. I peeked in through the small window, looking for any sign of Caroline. Not seeing her, I slowly opened the door. As I slipped inside, I looked around before dashing to the bathroom to take a shower. I threw off my green sweater and my ripped jeans, putting them into a clothes hamper. I got in the shower and turned on the cold water, letting it run down my face. I began to wash my auburn colored hair, rinsing out the algae and smell of the lake. That was close...too close. 

   I got out of the shower, wrapping a towel around me. I walked to my room to get my other pair of clothes. I shut the door and threw on the white button up shirt. I put on my jeans, then got out my hair brush. I brushed my wet hair, then went to the bathroom again to dry it. I flicked on the drier, and when I was finished, I got the clothes I wore today and put them in the washing machine downstairs. As I walked back up to my room, I heard the door open, and Caroline walked in. "I'm ho-ome!" I went back down, heading towards her. "Hi Aunt Caroline." I waved hello before walking back up the stairs. I sat down on my bed, throwing my hair up into a lazy ponytail. I looked at the time on my clock. 12:30. I'll probably go eat and get to know the town. Maybe meet some more people. Hope they're nice.

   I grabbed my wallet and phone, and trudged down the stairs. I told Aunt Caroline I was going out to explore the town. She was ok with it and told me to be safe. I waved goodbye and stepped out the door. Since it's a Sunday afternoon, I bet lots of people will be eating lunch. Should I ask Oakley to come with me? I don't want to bother him, but I'm scared. I don't even know if I can trust him yet...

Hello again, I'm probably going to write more today, I just wanted to give you guys something to read. Thank you for reading my story this far, and stay awesome you beautiful readers!