Burning Flowers

NOTE: I refuse to swear on the internet because I think swearing is overated, illogical at times, and shows illiteracy. You got a problem with it, go eat a butterfly.

------------------------------------------

Everywhere, the hands of corpses covered my skin, like thin brittle vines. Broken fingers entertwined, knitting themselves over my body, stroking my flesh. They drew blood from their broken fingernails.

The demons laughed at me. Laughed, and drank in every scream , relishing my cries for mercy. They were as sweet as syrup, which they happily drank in.

Surrounded on the floor, the demons circled my, their red eyes glowing, sharp teeth glistening over their lips curled back into horrendous smiles. I whimpered as they jittered amoungst themselves, the eyes looming in closer to my face.

"Play Dolly. Play!" they demanded pulling at my limbs hardly. One's fingers crawled up my back and nested in my hair like spiders. They caressed my face, the gentle fingertips created an array of bloody cuts, sinking into my skin. Wet slimy tongues lapped the blood from my cheeks, and dragged across my skin like sandpaper. The demons shrieked with joy, their excitment growing wild, uncontrollable.

My breathing was ragged. A mouth came and sucked on the edge of my lips, catching the condensation of my warm breath against the chilled air. The demons hands all clutched to my body, and through the darkness the red eyes glowed with mischief.

"We love the pretty Dolly. Stay with us forever pretty pet," they cooed, their raspy voices all mixing together into one snarled hiss.

"No! Momma Momma! Help me!" I pleaded, begging for someone to hear me. The Demons hissed in anger, and soon, one of them stole my lips, leaving me mute.

I couldn't even scream and they began to drink my tears as they mixed with the red blood on my face. They devoured my eyes, and ears, until I was left with nothing.

*                                     *                                    *                                         *

I awoke from the nightmare screaming, causing the morning to shatter into a million pieces. I

sobbed like a dyingcow.Shaking all over uncontrollably

"Trisnae!" Mickenna called ut anxiously, running to me, and threw her scraggly thing arms around me. She held me tight to her chest, so I could feels the bones of her ribcage poking out at me. Her rough skin rose goosebumps on the back of my neck. She rocked me back and forth like a small child, shushing me gently.

"It's okay, you are alright. Shh, shh. Trisnae, shh," she tried to condole me. She locked our eyes together, and tossed the key over her shoulder. I couldn't look anywhere but directly into her blue, ruined eyes.

"I'm here little pet. I'm here little Trisnae," she said soothingly, stroking my long black locks of wavy hair, in a jesture of such tenderness and affection.

The dark room, lit only by a single lantern, wrapped around us like a thick net. From the shadows, the other children crawled up to the two of us, to see what the disturbence of the early morning peace had been ruptured for.

"Are you okay pretty dolly?" Reese asked sleepily, taking one of my hands in his own clammy ones. I gasped, seeing for the first time, the splotchy bruises that had begun to grow underneath my skin, like burried violets. I pulled myself away from both him and Mickenna, and took a look at myself. Bruises and cuts covered my skin, sending a moaning pain whenever I touched one.